Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #21
Steve & Phyllis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
I have been keeping my eyes out for a good deal on the canvas roll up ones. In reality, we rarely have sites with hookups. When we did, I always had an issue at some point with the water hoses. I now carry 2 - 25' garden style potable water hoses. what a pain to store.

By the way, I use a pressure regulator, but a cheapo. I'll place it at the spigot and then the hose to the camper's water fitting.
If you check Camping World they run Internet sales and prices are tough to beat. My Good Sam membership has saved me a lot over the years as shipping is free. We have a store not far from us but the DW just saves me too much when we go in person. Of course I am as bad as she is about buying camping stuff. I broke over and bought a regulator with a gauge on it so I can tell if low pressure in the camper is supply or if it is my filter needs changing. Stayed at a campground last year and something came through that clogged my filter up that was only a few weeks old. Tried to find MY problem for months and asked for suggestions on here and someone told me to try it without filter even if it was new. Oh well I guess I should of thought of that.
SteveBingham52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #22

yeh, I've been watching the canvas roll up hoses at CW. I prioritize my purchases. Since we rarely camp with hookups, a good pressure regulator and hoses are low priority.

Now the wind speed alarm I'm working on is another story. After the next camping trip, I'll unveil my finished project.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
yeh, I've been watching the canvas roll up hoses at CW. I prioritize my purchases. Since we rarely camp with hookups, a good pressure regulator and hoses are low priority.

Now the wind speed alarm I'm working on is another story. After the next camping trip, I'll unveil my finished project.
I look forward to seeing the wind speed alarm. You know, before we purchased our TT, my "Honey-Do" list was as long as my arm. Now that we camp, it has gotten longer, yet the "Camping-Do" list is slowly getting shorter. Strange...
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #24

I certainly want to thank everyone for the input. As my wife and I just started camping last year, I have learned a lot from all. Again, thanks
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote