Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2024, 10:56 AM   #1

Bent leveler mount

Iím in need of some help to find the replacement of one my levelers mounting bracket. It is completely bent and needs to be replaced (see photos).

RV: 2020 32í Forest river Sunseeker
Leveling panel: lippert 421484

I emailed lippert and they said ď You will have to get the frame bracket from the manufacture of your RV. We do not have that bracket.Ē

Trying to locate this part has been difficult so any suggestions on where to locate would be great! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1810.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	297237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1811.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	297238  
DirtyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 11:02 AM   #2

I would take it to a local welding shop, have them straighten it, and make sure the welds and mounting are good. Then tack weld it in position.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 09:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K4TAX View Post
I would take it to a local welding shop, have them straighten it, and make sure the welds and mounting are good. Then tack weld it in position.

Bob
Thanks , I’m not entirely comfortable with the strength on the current one, seems flawed. Lippart makes a mount I should just buy that and have the shop weld that on…
Old 02-27-2024, 10:47 PM   #4

In looking at the pictures, it would be interesting to learn why the apparent and excessive sideload on the leveler occurred. Without knowing this, a new or replacement one could be exposed to similar conditions and likewise fail.

Most leveling systems are rated to lift a certain amount of weight in a vertical mode. Add a side load to the system and the weight rating of the system diminishes. Understanding vector analysis is an aid to understanding why the sideload exceeded the design rating.

Bob
Old 02-28-2024, 07:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K4TAX View Post
In looking at the pictures, it would be interesting to learn why the apparent and excessive sideload on the leveler occurred. Without knowing this, a new or replacement one could be exposed to similar conditions and likewise fail.

Most leveling systems are rated to lift a certain amount of weight in a vertical mode. Add a side load to the system and the weight rating of the system diminishes. Understanding vector analysis is an aid to understanding why the sideload exceeded the design rating.

Bob
I bought it used, only 3k mikes on it but used, itís never been straight since I purchased it but it was never at that much of an angle. I took that photo the other week because the camper would not level and then I felt it shift while lifted so that amount of bend is recent. I never level with the slide out so the only thing I can think of is that the auto leveling process ultimately made it this bad as it would always be higher on the opposite side if I try to auto level . Hereís how it looked a few years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	297301  
Old 02-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJoe View Post
I bought it used, only 3k mikes on it but used, itís never been straight since I purchased it but it was never at that much of an angle. I took that photo the other week because the camper would not level and then I felt it shift while lifted so that amount of bend is recent. I never level with the slide out so the only thing I can think of is that the auto leveling process ultimately made it this bad as it would always be higher on the opposite side if I try to auto level . Hereís how it looked a few years ago
Using the leveling system with that leveler bent will naturally push the RV sideways. That will only make the issue worse and can damage other leveling points as well.

It appears to be a relatively easy fix. Pull it straight and re-weld the frame mounting.

Bob

Bob
Old 03-23-2024, 06:35 PM   #7

Bob thanks for the help I found a welder that’ll bend jt back and re weld to the frame
Old 03-24-2024, 08:15 AM   #8

By the looks of the last picture, when it's repaired, you need to find the instructions for that system and reset your level. The one foot looks as if it's not touching the ground. Also, use blocks under the legs so they don't have to extend too far.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 04:58 PM   #9

Thanks it has problems auto leveling now, have to manually do it. Do you happen to know if there are any instructions out there to calibrate the leveling system?
Old 03-25-2024, 05:37 PM   #10

Look for class c entry (manually level first):
https://www.thervgeeks.com/lippert-l...for-motorhomes
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 05:50 PM   #11

Thanks!

How Do I Reset My Lippert Auto Level Control?
If you need to “re-zero” your Lippert leveling system, simply take the following steps:

* Note that the RV must be level before resetting because the system uses the current level point to reset the system.

Turn the power to the system OFF.
Press “Front” five times.
Press “Rear” five times. At this point the panel will read “ZERO POINT CALIBRATION” and all lights (front, right, left, rear) will flash.
Press ENTER to reset the auto level control.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJoe View Post
Bob thanks for the help I found a welder that’ll bend jt back and re weld to the frame
Once metal yields (aka bends) it permanently loses strength. Hopefully the welder you found will actually rebuild rather than band-aid
Tlmgcamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bent, mount