Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Bubbles On Inside Wall

The bathroom sink in our rig is on an exterior wall. Early on we started to notice some small bubbles appearing on the inside wall above the bathroom sink. It's become worse over time. An RV tech we mentioned it to said that it was fairly common from folks splashing around the sink.

The DW got tired of the ugly bubbles and wanted to put something over it. She started by lightly sanding the bubbles down then painting on a thin layer of glue to seal it then adding stick-on tile sheets after the glue dried. It looks great but when she was doing the light sanding there was water weeping out of the bubbles she sanded down. It seems to me that is way too wet to be from just splashing.

The bedroom slide is right next to the sink so there are the little gutters on the roof and above the slides. I went on the roof to look and there was a lot of debri blocking the gutters so water was running down the side near that edge of the slide.

My concern is that water has seeped into that wall and we risk delamination. Am I just being paranoid or is Murphy really out to get me? We've pretty much just used the trailer each year for about 25 days a year during a music festival we're part of though sometimes the slides will be open for a week or two before or after.

The bubbles were pretty much evenly spaced over that little section of wall between the shower and the bedroom wall, from the counter up to the medicine cabinet. However, some more bubbles were starting to appear higher up on the right side next to the medicine cabinet which is next to that slide.

Sorry, no pictures available. We took the trailer in for other dealer service items right after the festival ended in June and haven't seen it yet. So we have no idea if it's gotten worse and the stick-on tile sheets have fallen off or if it's fine now.
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #2

You got water coming in somewhere. Get it investigated before you do anything else.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #3

Bubbles On Inside Wall

(Sorry for the repost but I found some pictures. There are 2 of the wall prior to the sanding and one after the sanding and sealing.)

The bathroom sink in our rig is on an exterior wall. Early on we started to notice some small bubbles appearing on the inside wall above the bathroom sink. It's become worse over time. An RV tech we mentioned it to said that it was fairly common from folks splashing around the sink.

The DW got tired of the ugly bubbles and wanted to put something over it. She started by lightly sanding the bubbles down then painting on a thin layer of glue to seal it then adding stick-on tile sheets after the glue dried. It looks great but when she was doing the light sanding there was water weeping out of the bubbles she sanded down. It seems to me that is way too wet to be from just splashing.

The bedroom slide is right next to the sink so there are the little gutters on the roof and above the slides. I went on the roof to look and there was a lot of debri blocking the gutters so water was running down the side near that edge of the slide.

My concern is that water has seeped into that wall and we risk delamination. Am I just being paranoid or is Murphy really out to get me? We've pretty much just used the trailer each year for about 25 days a year during a music festival we're part of though sometimes the slides will be open for a week or two before or after.

The bubbles were pretty much evenly spaced over that little section of wall between the shower and the bedroom wall, from the counter up to the medicine cabinet. However, some more bubbles were starting to appear higher up on the right side next to the medicine cabinet which is next to that slide.

We took the trailer in for other dealer service items right after the festival ended in June and haven't seen it yet. So we have no idea if it's gotten worse and the stick-on tile sheets have fallen off or if it's fine now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190521_120434.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	594.9 KB
ID:	214022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190521_120427.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	593.6 KB
ID:	214023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190522_145100.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	214024  
Old 09-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #4

And I see now that the bubbles are more concentrated closer to that slide wall.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:28 PM   #5

The 4 small holes in the wall are from removing the toothbrush holders. We sealed those holes when we took them off. They just got in the way of using the sink.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 PM   #6

Water or damp during sanding indicates water intrusion.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFolkie View Post
The bathroom sink in our rig is on an exterior wall. Early on we started to notice some small bubbles appearing on the inside wall above the bathroom sink. It's become worse over time.

An RV tech we mentioned it to said that it was fairly common from folks splashing around the sink.

Your rv tech is a freaking moron with a capital M. The crap that falls out of techs mouths is incredible. Stupidest stuff you will ever hear.

You need to check this stuff often. Walk around your TT and look and listen to it. It will tell you what you need to do to take care of it.

Sorry, no pictures available. We took the trailer in for other dealer service items right after the festival ended in June and haven't seen it yet.

And they are going to fix this problem while its there, Right?

So we have no idea if it's gotten worse and the stick-on tile sheets have fallen off or if it's fine now.

See above
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #8

Bubbles On Inside Wall

If I understand TT is at the dealer. I would visit and see if it's gotten worse. If it is water intrusion it is best to get after it, ASAP.
If it were mine and considering the wall looks bad anyway and the wall sheeting is real thin, I would take it down so I could see into the wall cavity, address the issue, put up a thin sheet of furniture grade plywood or paneling and get the DW to pick out the sticky back tile she wants to use.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:04 PM   #9

Our 07 Cherokee that we just traded had those same bubbles (but not as bad) above the main slide out on the wall. I just noticed them the last few years. It never got any worse. And I always was checking and sealing the seams. I did poke a couple of them but they were dry. Maybe it was from a prior leak that I sealed and didn't know it? I don't know. But if there is water coming out you got a leak somewhere.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:06 AM   #10

There is some sort of water leakage inside the wall get it checked as soon as possible.
Allen Arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:18 AM   #11

Quote:
There is some sort of water leakage inside (OR ABOVE) the wall get it checked as soon as possible.
AGREE STRONGLY... get the trailer, put a dehumidifier in that area and run a fan to circulate the air... you must dry out the area behind the wall... cutting a hole in the wall would not be out of the question... BLACK MOLD will grow in hot weather and cause even worse problems...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote