Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 PM   #1

Cabinets and drawers

Issue #525,761 with our brand new junky TT. 2 drawers near the door tilt down instead of sliding in and out like they should. I can see that both drawers are connected to the same piece of wood, hence they are both tilting. I can’t figure out where to secure it to stop the problem. I realize this is a horrible explanation but hoping someone who has encountered this problem will know what I’m talking about 🤞 Photo attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	275705  
HungryHungryStephO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:33 PM   #2

Looks like the wood holding the back part of the brackets isn’t attached. Have you pulled the drawers?
leeshearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:36 PM   #3

I’ve tried pulling them but I can’t get them to release. I’ve been pushing the little tabs but I’ll try googling a video about how to remove them. Thank you!!!
Old 06-29-2022, 08:43 PM   #4

Sometimes the little pastic release levers on each side both push down, or both pull up, or one is up and one is down
In every RV I have ever owned I have had to 'adjust' or reposition drawer slides for correct functionality. Sometimes this required adding wood pieces to the frame.

While you are working on them, you might as well put in stonger strength catches to keep them closed while traveling. .
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:50 PM   #5

I’ve removed the drawers and I can see that there is a wood square that the rolling things are mounted on (sorry I don’t know the name lol) then the wood frame is screwed to a small piece of wood at the top. That piece of wood appears to have been glued or caulked to the underside of the countertop. Nowhere else to screw it into and I can get my fingers up there and pulled out a piece of caulk/glue. Should I just reglue it or make them fix it. We’ve had it 2 months and I make about 1-2 repairs like this per week.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:15 PM   #6

If you are comfortable doing it, you will do a much better and faster job
And all of us go through the same thing with any new RV. Good thing is that after the first season, most of the bugs are worked out and you can use it w/o working on it the entire trip
Old 06-29-2022, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryStephO View Post
I’ve removed the drawers and I can see that there is a wood square that the rolling things are mounted on (sorry I don’t know the name lol) then the wood frame is screwed to a small piece of wood at the top. That piece of wood appears to have been glued or caulked to the underside of the countertop. Nowhere else to screw it into and I can get my fingers up there and pulled out a piece of caulk/glue. Should I just reglue it or make them fix it. We’ve had it 2 months and I make about 1-2 repairs like this per week.
Take a few pics and let us see.

Dealers are terrible at fixing these issues correctly and timely. As NMWildcat suggested, most repairs you do yourself will be better than the dealer and you'll know what you did if it doesn't quite work as you wished.

2020 Rockwood 2104S
2019 Ram 2500 Crew 4x4 6.7 cummins
theHookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
If you are comfortable doing it, you will do a much better and faster job
And all of us go through the same thing with any new RV. Good thing is that after the first season, most of the bugs are worked out and you can use it w/o working on it the entire trip
Thank you. I can, and will fix it myself. That does make me feel a little better. Both of my previous campers had a couple issues but nothing like this. I guess I’m just concerned that if all the small stuff is so poorly made, what about the biggies like gas or electrical issues?!
Old 06-29-2022, 09:45 PM   #9

Congrats! Let us know how it turns out and what you did. Might help someone else.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:55 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHungryStephO View Post
Issue #525,761 with our brand new junky TT. 2 drawers near the door tilt down instead of sliding in and out like they should. I can see that both drawers are connected to the same piece of wood, hence they are both tilting. I can’t figure out where to secure it to stop the problem. I realize this is a horrible explanation but hoping someone who has encountered this problem will know what I’m talking about [emoji1696] Photo attached
It might help if you posted year, make and model number of your TT since you don't have it listed in your profile or signature.
That way, others that own the same TT, can be more helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinets