Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2021, 09:08 PM   #21

Just got my endo scope for Christmas. Will be looking in every nook and cranny this spring. Cannot beat 30$ for one will connect to my phone with wifi. Works well so far. Will be looking for water leaks mostly.
BDenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWire View Post
We have the same floor plan in our Forester and had a leak where the water lines attached to the shower valve.

Just having pressure in the lines is enough to create a leak. In our case nothing was broken, the factory just hadn't tightened the connection and it ran down the pipe and ran across the floor coming out at the corner where you have damage.

Paul M. is correct, open up the cabinet and remove the access panel there and check the lines to the shower.

Good luck, Keith
Opened up the panel in the cabinet . No water and doesn’t feel wet. Have no idea where it’s coming from.
garynmelissa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #23

You have to discover the water source which you do by following the moisture trail. Sometimes this involves taking things apart, there is no other way if you can't visually see where the water is coming from. The cabinet can be repaired by a good cabinet maker.
Mike Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:29 AM   #24

You have to discover the water source which you do by following the moisture trail. Sometimes this involves taking things apart, there is no other way if you can't visually see where the water is coming from. The cabinet can be repaired by a good cabinet maker.
Mike Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:00 PM   #25

Leak ?

Turn your pump on and after everything is pressured up, wait a while and see if you hear the pump come on a second? If so you have a leak somewhere? All or most camper after a while especially after new the fitting s need to be snugged up, don’t over tighten. After a while being hot and cold contractions can cause a leak
rogerramjet442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:49 PM   #26

I had damage that looked identical to yours. Turns out mine was caused by a leak in my slide. Apparently it came down the inside of the slide wall and ran across the floor. I think I found the leak right away and the damage was limited to the base trim on a couple of cabinets. I resealed all the seams on the entire camper and this spring I plan to use eternabond tape on the roof everywhere the edge of the rubber roof meets the walls. The trim is nothing more than particle board wrapped with vinyl. Structurally nothing was harmed and I plan to replace the trim with some one inch pine routed and stained to match. Good tip about painting it black like a toe kick.
comfun1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:55 PM   #27

Leak in the shower wall

Hi,
Sad that they use particle board for the cabinets isn't it?
I suspect that your shower is perhaps behind that cabinet.
Our shower in our Forestor MBS has a round access plate below the
shower faucet. That plate is for access to the connections for the shower faucet. The connections to our shower faucet came loose at one point, and leaked onto the floor behind our bathroom vanity. They had pretty obviously only been hand tightened, and were both loose. Hope this helps.
If this is not an option in your RV, start looking for other water sources nearby. The clamp on the hose behind the city water connection on our rig had been tightened too far away from the base of the barb on the back of the outside fill connection, which caused a leak within the exterior wall in that spot. Also, the hose connecting to the back of the water holding tank fill cap outside came loose after about a year as well, for about the same reason. The clamp was placed too far from the base of the barb on the inside of the wall. My point is, don't assume that anything or everything was assembled properly on your rig. Almost every problem we have had to date, has been the result of careless assembly practices, and short-cuts on designs and materials, such as pressed wood cabinet frames. What good is it to have real wood doors on a particle board frame? Good for their bottom line is all I can guess!
Good Luck!
mljmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:12 PM   #28
BCB

I have a Sunseeker 3170DS. I had a leak in the bottom bunk window. The water traveled down the wall and soaked the carpeting under the bottom bunk coach. The water then dripped to the floor and followed the black step trim over to the cabinet that was pictured.
I caught it before it caused major damage. In my case I believe it was leaking a while before I noticed, as it was the off season. I check on the RV regularly. But the floor would dry up and I didn't notice the wet carpet until I was checking after a rain storm and noticed the water going across the floor.
As others have said, no need to replace the cabinet. Just fix the "kick board".
BCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynmelissa3 View Post
Opened up the panel in the cabinet . No water and doesn’t feel wet. Have no idea where it’s coming from.
Put some paper towels down and see if you can discover where the leak is coming from. Check on it frequently. Add some said, it may have happened earlier and may not be current. Are you using the camper now? Is there water in the lines? May also want to put some paper towels outside.
bkbonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:37 PM   #30

We have the same RV. I'm guilty of getting water everywhere when washing dishes in the kitchen sink, especially when using the flip-up table for a drying rack. It wouldn't take much effort to fling water off a washed plate on its way to the flip-up table, and those drips would fall right where you are having issues. Just a thought.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #31

I recommend that you put a couple of sheets of newspaper or even colored construction paper on the floor under the cabinet, being careful to cover the whole area evenly (edge to edge) when the paper gets wet it will discolor and remain discolored even after it dries so you should be able to pinpoint where the water is coming from or at least where it is dripping from...
mrfikser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabinets, sunseeker