Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 10:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
What two way are you talking about? A converter plugs into the trailers AC system with a standard plug or wiring, and converts that to DC to charge the batteries and run the 12v system. What power needs to come back through the charger? Or do you have an inverter/converter combo unit or something?
The converter on the dc side only has one set of dc leads. So you have to charge the battery and supply 12v to all the circuit through the same wires. So power from the battery won't go backwards through the DC-DC charger.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #22

Put the DC-DC charger between the batteries and the load panel.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
Put the DC-DC charger between the batteries and the load panel.
I already bought the new converter and installed it. When you do yours post pictures because I was to dumb to figure it out.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:41 PM   #24

Truth be known, I also purchased a new converter/charger to go with the LFP upgrade since I had solar to help keep batteries charged during travel. I did not want an extra piece of kit in my trailer if I could avoid it. And now I have a spare converter in case it is needed.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:13 PM   #25

You would insert the DC-DC charger between the battery + terminal in the right side of this image, and it would feed your DC power supply from the converter, through the system, and then into the DC-DC charger, then to the LFP batteries.

Old 06-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #26

tongue in cheek
phrase of tongue
in an ironic, flippant, or insincere way.
"one suspects that he is writing with tongue in cheek"
Old 06-03-2022, 07:29 AM   #27

TPayne: If nothing else you've got a great sense of humor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPayne View Post
I've decided to ditch the scawy LP fridge due to health and safety concerns (fire) and instead buy four exploding batteries for the bargain price of $4000 to put under my bed. I can't wait to finally have ice cream that's as hard as concrete to sink my dentures into.

Any exploding battery recommendations? I was thinking Battle Born because YouTube told me they are better than life itself and that lead acid batteries are now officially obselete.

Jackery and Chris Pratt told me to throw away the gas generator too because thanks to Jackery generators are now obselete too. How many portable solar panels should I buy to plug into the Jackassery to run two A/C's? 40 or 50?

I don't want to be called the "flip phone guy" anymore so I hope you can bring me up to speed on all the latest technology so I'm cool again.
Closed Thread

Tags
batteries