RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #1

Can I Use the Arctic Button to Avoid Winterizing my RV?

I have a 2020 Sunseeker 2500TS Class C. I live in the mountains of North Georgia. pretty mild winters, but we do often see well below freezing temps in the middle of winter.

I have a button in my RV which I think turns on heating pads on the tanks and mabye some other places, I suppose it probably has better insulation than most as well.

I have a 30 amp plug on the outside of my house and I was hoping that I could plug it in, turn on the Arctic feature, and perhaps set the heater or get a space heater or something and avoid winterization.

My guess is that this is not recommended, but I was hoping for some insight.

Thanks!
Spaceballstheusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. The Arctic package is nothing but the heater pads on the grey and black tanks. They are very small and will not do much. The 2500TS has a lot of exposed piping that is vulnerable in a hard freeze. I usually used a compressor and winterized ours by blowing the water out and then added some antifreeze in the sink and shower drains, and the toilet.

Where are you located? We're in Woodstock. If you have any questions on winterizing your 2500TS PM me and I can talk you thru the process as I did ours a couple times.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #3

In addition to the Arctic Pac waste tank heating pads, you would need the furnace running to heat the water pump and water filter bay, as well as possibly heating the dump valves, if there is any liquid in tanks. You would also need heat in the living area if your fresh water tank is perhaps under the bed or elsewhere above the floor.

You could theoretically put a space heater in the basement water compartment but it probably need to be low wattage, and you would need to install an electrical outlet to power the heater.

Blowing the lines out with compressed air, emptying the water heater, and putting antifreeze in the drain traps would be a better idea.

Tags
winter, winterizing