Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #1

Clearance between tire and side of outside wall... is there a safety standard?

Posted earlier about tire damage to our rig from two screws that were in the side wall of the rig that gouged the side walls of the tires. When we got to the tire shop they said two tires were split, not one and that the side of the rig was less than3/4 of an inch off the tire and they felt that contributed to the deep gouges. Rig is 2018 Wildcat 29 RKP. Does anyone know if there is a standard clearance for tires and the rig? I will attach one of the pictures showing the plastic "fender" taken off and showing the metal and how close it is to the tire. I am worried this will happen again . I did call Forest River and they have agreed to pay the cost of the two tires, but I don't want this to happen again. Sorry...no picture... says on the forum to contact them to send an error message. We are on the road and I am tethered to our truck so that may be the issue. I will try later.
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety, tire