Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #1

Converter issues?

My furnace went out on my last trip. There was a strong electrical odor in the camper at the same time. I guessed it was the circuit board in the furnace. I took my unit to a local dealer and am told today that he ordered a new converter for it. Wouldn’t I have other issues if it was the converter? All the other systems worked fine during the remainder of the trip.

John
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #2

John, you probably escaped a bullet. I would check to make sure you didn't burn any wires up also, what converter do you have? If not a pd 4 stage and a wfco upgrade to PD 4 stage. Only about 25.00 bucks more then WFCO. merry Xmas to you and yours if I don't talk to you before. 🤙[emoji268]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
John, you probably escaped a bullet. I would check to make sure you didn't burn any wires up also, what converter do you have? If not a pd 4 stage and a wfco upgrade to PD 4 stage. Only about 25.00 bucks more then WFCO. merry Xmas to you and yours if I don't talk to you before. 🤙[emoji268]
Thanks Glen. My unit is in the shop and I don’t know the model off hand. I’ll find out more when they have it finished. All the best to you and Merry Christmas
4WD SRW Diesel
Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #4

My furnace was repaired this week. A terminal that held the furnace power lead had broken off the power panel.
4WD SRW Diesel
Old 12-16-2017, 02:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
My furnace was repaired this week. A terminal that held the furnace power lead had broken off the power panel.
You mean they said it was the converter first and found it was a wire at your furnace terminal and not the converter at all? Did they say anything about that? Well at least the repair would be less then replacing the whole converter and you got it fixed.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter