Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2016, 03:59 PM   #1

Crusader 295RST Winterizing ?

Started winterizing mt 2015 Crusader. Ive done quite a few other rv's, but thought this would be interesting with the easy acess "winterize" and "bypass valves. Have a couple of questions.

1. Have never used the freshwater tank.....Does it have a separate drain? ( I couldnt find it), or is it typically drained using the low point drains.

2. I blew the supplies out with compresed air...and thought Id try the fancy "winterize" valve just for grins. Turned the water heater to "Bypass"...put the pickup hose in a jug of antifreeze.....turned on the pump.......nothing....
The pump would not quit running and there was zero suction at the hose? Not a big deal...but I wanted to try out he new gadget.....

Thoughts?
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I don't have a Crusader but a couple of things...

Most fresh water tanks have their own drain.
Some with a petcock directly on the side of the tank, some with a valve and a remote line that comes out (usually) near the low point drains. You are going to have to do some exploring if your dealer didn't show you during your PDI walk through. (pre delivery inspection)

When using your antifreeze port...(or winterize valve as you referred to) Most times there is an actual valve that has to be turned to allow the pump to draw from the antifreeze port instead of the fresh water tank. Did you turn this valve? You mentioned turning the water heater valves but no mention of turning the fresh water tank bypass to antifreeze port valve.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:36 PM   #3

I have a 2016 Crusader 295RST. There are two valves that you turn the levers to winterize. One is to bypass the fresh water tank and the other to bypass the water heater. There should be a short tube to put into the container of antifreeze.

There should be a valve under the 5th wheel on the left side immediately behind the rear wheel. This valve drains the fresh water tank.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #4

Don't forget the outside shower.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeirlessr View Post
I have a 2016 Crusader 295RST. There are two valves that you turn the levers to winterize. One is to bypass the fresh water tank and the other to bypass the water heater. There should be a short tube to put into the container of antifreeze.

There should be a valve under the 5th wheel on the left side immediately behind the rear wheel. This valve drains the fresh water tank.
OK..Found the valve. Must have overlooked it 10x Lol. Now to figure out why the pump wont pickup. If you hold the end of the pickup hose near your ear...you can hear that the valve opens....just no suction. I bought it used and have never used the freshwater tank...so I guess its possible the pump doesnt work

Thanks much for the info
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #6

I assume you have both valves turned to winterize. If the tube is not sucking air then the pump may have run when dry for a long time. Previous owner may have left pump on with no water in the fresh water tank.

Tags
295, crusader, winter