RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #21

Just a warning to protect your warranty to which G. M. Isnt the the greatest. That is a major reason why all my race car haulers are Dodge Cummins Power
murry52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #22
Oklahoma Proud

Oh a dodge guy, lets not get going down this road.
You drive what you drive, and I will drive what I will.
Working in dealership service most my life I see problems with all, some more consistantly than others.
On the gm side, they have had a very bullet proof drive train both gas and diesel for over a decade, which is more than most can honestly say!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #23

Bullet prove as a mechanic you know better than that. Yes GM did make a good drivetrain in the sixties but they have done very little to improve on this. Sixties knowledge does not work in this day and age. Now in case you didn't know Cummins power is in Emergency Vehicles for one reason only. Cummins Power will get the job done with reliability. We can debate this for hrs. We are entitled to our own opinion and choice. I choose Dodge with Cummins power to transport my race cars to competition, this is how I make a very good living. We can quote specs all day long but where will we get with it. Have a Great Day and a Super Holiday
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #24
Trailer Trash

Ford guy here. When I think of emergency and reliable vehicles, I think of Ford and International.

Cop cars - Ford Crown Vics and Mustangs (although the new Dodges are sweet)
Ambulance - Ford F350 Diesel
Fire Trucks - International aka Ford
School Bus for kids - International aka Ford
Swift Trucking (largest trucking company in USA) - International and Volvo

Bottom line is all the big 3 make good reliable trucks. All 3 of them have their quirks. Same drill goes for all the toys we have such as motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, ATV, etc.

Hell even Kia and Hyundai make good vehicles nowadays. Both of those brands were cheap entry level players when they started out in USA. But if you go back 30 years, same thing happened with Toyota and Honda. Cheap entry level cars that rusted out before your 5 year car payment was done.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #25

Yes you are right in some applications. Fire Trucks are Cummins Power. All Emergency Vehicles used in Major Air Ports are Cummins power unless old equipment was sold to smaller Air Fields. Crown Victorias are not built anymore, they are being replaced by Dodge Chargers and some police are using Dodge Challenger, which is a very good choice. Hyundai and Kia is the vehicle where you get more bang for the buck. Imports have come a long way, yes Imports have forced the big three to build better vehicles. If I was buying now I would go to Ford for my daily transportation
Old 12-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
Trailer Trash

Hmm never thought of airports even though I spent many years in them waiting to depart. I'm betting not much is new enought at our nations airports to be running DEF yet........ Getting back to original DEF subject in this thread. I do love the smell of diesel exhaust in the morning.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote