Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #1

Question Dewald Leveling System

Hi : Need some help with the system. My jacks will not go down at all but the side out will work. Checked all the fuses and the oil level and everything is ok so now I am confused and in real need of help. Thanks
dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #2

Sounds as if you need professional help. The slide outs are completely separate mechanically from the lifts/jacks.

I'd start testing the electrical wiring going to the lift switches--and to the jacks.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #3

Don't know if this is similar to your problem, but I just posted this on Open Roads Forum:

I had a problem with my Dewald leveler system on my 2002 Georgetown since 2010. The slide out hydraulic function worked fine, but the levelers wouldn't do anything. I suspected the control panel to be the culprit, but that was already obsolete and unavailable (Dewald DN12558). A local RV shop sold me a new hydraulic pump motor (big bucks) the first time and when I still had problems, sold me a new hydraulic pump (but for some reason had to again replace the motor and could never seem to get my "old" motor returned to me! Long story!
HOWEVER - THE GOOD NEWS: I spoke with someone at Power Gear and they recommended an electronics repair shop in Ohio City, Ohio (I live in Maine). I sent the DN12558 control board to them and about a week later I got it back and it worked like new. They said it had quite a bit of water damage (I had a few leaks around the window once) and many faulty components. Total cost was less than $350 including shipping. Compared to the alternative - new leveler system - that was a bargain! I had to share this because I had seen some older posts with the same problem.

M&M Electronics
Ohio City, OH
419 965-2662

Thank you Power Gear for the referral and THANK YOU M&M Electronics.
Bob McCormack
Eliot, ME
maki1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling