Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #1

Dewinterize my 2304ds

I have 2017 Rockwood 2304DS. I had my dealer winterize it. I havenít used it since January. My daughter is borrowing the trailer August 1st. I have begun trying to dewinterizing it myself. It looks pretty self explanatory.
BUT I am having an issue. I filled the fresh water tank with water. I then turn the water pump on. What happens is water begins to spray out of the connection where you usually put the city water hose when youíre hooked up. It appears there must be a Spicket or a valve that I have yet to find an turn on. Can anyone help me with a location of a Spicket to turn on or off. I have found one in a panel in the back near where the water filter is. I have found a couple of them under the sink by taking a panel off and turning them. I cannot seem to find another one that will redirect the water from the tank into the sinks. When I hook the water up to the city water connection and get a straight feed it works fine. But there is some sort of a blockage between my freshwater tank and the city water connection. When the water pump is turned on and the system is pressurized then water sprays out the fresh water connection. I havenít got the vaguest idea whatís happening!
Please! I need some ideas on where/what to look for a cutoff valve. Or maybe my problem is something else.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:38 AM   #2

Normally, the "through the wall" city water connection also contains a check valve. Everything right up to that connection point is pressurized by the water pump. So....

You can replace the city water connection:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/JR-Produc...SABEgLqQPD_BwE

Or cap it off. I haven't found a 3/4" GHT (garden hose thread) male plug, so you are probably going to have to go with a 3/4" GHT male adapter to pipe thread, and then a pipe thread cap on it.

Or you could add a probably 1/2" check valve to the city water connection:
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa.../CAM23303.html

Normally, the city water connection just goes to a tee right off the outlet of the water pump and it is the check valve built into the "through the wall" fitting that prevents the FW pump from pumping water right out the city water connection.

Actually, I think that camco backflow preventer is allowing/stopping flow in the wrong direction. I think options 1 or 2 above are the answer. Either replace the "through the wall" connection or a 3/4" GHT to NPT adapter with a cap on the NPT end.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Normally, the "through the wall" city water connection also contains a check valve. Everything right up to that connection point is pressurized by the water pump. So....

You can replace the city water connection:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/JR-Produc...SABEgLqQPD_BwE

Or cap it off. I haven't found a 3/4" GHT (garden hose thread) male plug, so you are probably going to have to go with a 3/4" GHT male adapter to pipe thread, and then a pipe thread cap on it.

Or you could add a probably 1/2" check valve to the city water connection:
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fresh-Wa.../CAM23303.html

Normally, the city water connection just goes to a tee right off the outlet of the water pump and it is the check valve built into the "through the wall" fitting that prevents the FW pump from pumping water right out the city water connection.

Actually, I think that camco backflow preventer is allowing/stopping flow in the wrong direction. I think options 1 or 2 above are the answer. Either replace the "through the wall" connection or a 3/4" GHT to NPT adapter with a cap on the NPT end.

Thank you!! I have checked the connections and that appears to be the problem. Back in November and December I had the back wall replaced due to a tree coming up out of no where. When they replaced the wall I figure they didnít install the back flow back into it.

Tags
2304, winter, winterize