Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #1

Dicor Edpm roof material on 2013-14 sierras

Get up on your roof and look for bubbles. I’m talking about blisters like 50 to 100 of them in certain sections. This is an admitted failure by Dicor. You only have six years from the manufacture date to get what they consider fair and equitable compensation. As of right now they are offering me $1000 cash and continue my warranty for another six years however it is prorated and you only get material to replace the roof no money towards labor. So I have nine more months to take the thousand dollars or the other program they have which is all the materials to replace the roof and $2700 to put towards the labor to replace The roof. You are allowed to say you will replace the roof your self and take the $2700 and all the supplies. If you wait till you’re RV is six years and one day from manufacture date you will only get the materials to replace the roof and no money. I just wanted everyone to know this. Also they say the blisters are only ascetic. But it will definitely affect trade-in or resell value. When you look at the blisters if they are split open you still will not see the black part of the EDpm. I called around and it’s very expensive to replace the roof most places charge at least $5000 labor, so I will probably take the roof materials and the $2700 and just hope for the best.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, roo, roof, sierra