Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Newb

Dinette table

So on our new 8317RKSS, we have the u-shaped dinette with the table that folds down for travel. Well on our first trip, the kids - ages 5 and 7 with a combined weight of <100lbs - were coloring a few times, i think ate breakfast there once, maybe played a little.

Well the table is now bent. Not the tabletop, but the metal bar underneath that has the hinge where it bends to fold the legs in. So much that the whole table is now tilted.

I bent it back as much as i could - it's really soft, i was surprised. But that can't be right, can it? Two little kids leaning on it to color will bend the whole table? My DH is a good 220... is it going to crumble under his elbows?

What action would you take?
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #2

I take it back to the dealer and make them give you a new table because that table should support the weight of at least one adult because its part of the bed
Old 04-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Seasoned Campers

table legs are very weak...

Ours did the same thing but not under the weight of the kids but when we tilted it towards us to fold. the metal bracket is very pliable and we had to also bend ours back into shape. The table is fine just not sturdy underneath. Now we dread taking it down since I have to lift it up to avoid bending the brackets more... I may ask my dealer to replace the brackets too. Any other 8317 RKSS issues? I have only had a strange toilet leak that has not come back and a broken window shade cord. I also had a new window put in over the dinette since ours was apparently not fitting correctly and leaving a gap.

2010 Rockwood Sig Ultra-lite 8317SS RKSS & Reese cam style equalizer and sway hitch set up.
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Newb

Well now that you ask - the door doesn't lock properly. Something must not be lined up - it turns halfway, but not all the way either from the inside or with the key outside (and the door is shut). So i know it's isn't the lock itself, but where it's supposed to slide in.

Allentx1, any door issues?
F-350 (V-10) to tow
2010 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8317RKSS
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 PM   #5

I have a Rockwood 8313ss, and it seems my dinette table has the same soft braces. We bent it the very first time we put it up. So far, after almost 20 outings, it hasn't gotten any worse. We are just careful not to lean too hard on it.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

I have the intermittent toilet leak as well in my rig. Never leaks when the camper is in for service though. I am pretty sure its the flush valve inside the toilet.

As to the stupid folding legs on the wooden table, I really need to replace the entire table with something more convenient (and lighter) that will also allow it to be used as a bed. Maybe next year's project for that.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote