Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #1

Dometic fridge drain pipe replacement

Hi there, I have an older (10 years) FR cherokee lite 26k. With a dometic dm2652 refrigerator, typical gas/electric, freezer on top 2 door...I need to replace the drain hose inside the outside cover...I have the replacement hose (white opaque corregated)..I just can't figure out how to get to where it mounts up behind all the pipes etc.. Do I need to pull out the fridge and install the hose from the top???...Anyone here done it and have any tips or leads....thanks
mrfikser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfikser View Post
Hi there, I have an older (10 years) FR cherokee lite 26k. With a dometic dm2652 refrigerator, typical gas/electric, freezer on top 2 door...I need to replace the drain hose inside the outside cover...I have the replacement hose (white opaque corregated)..I just can't figure out how to get to where it mounts up behind all the pipes etc.. Do I need to pull out the fridge and install the hose from the top???...Anyone here done it and have any tips or leads....thanks

I went up on right side carefully and put my new on on. It wasn’t easy, but I did it from outside
dodgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #3

I just replaced mine on a Flagstaff rear kitchen model. YouTube is your friend. Just look for Dometic refrigerator drain hose replacement. 4 minute video by PAPA Texas tells you how. Remove 6 screws, disconnect gas line, pull unit out 6” and you can reach everything. I used better hose than the original so I’d never have to do it again.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #4

Thanks.. I am camping for the next week and will work on it when I get home...I can see where the hose goes into a hole in ??the drain pan.. but I am not sure what keeps the hose from falling out, the one I am working on (appears) the hose has broken off flush with the bottom of drain pan..it looks like I am going to have to grow some baby arms with a few extra elbows to get to where it attaches.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #5

Actually went and looked at the utube/ papas video...now I understand ...I will let you guys know how it goes..
Thanks
Old 11-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #6

I slipped a clear tube "Just a little larger over white drain tube pushed it up till it stopped . cut to length.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, drain, fridge, replacement