Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #1

Dometic Thermostat

Camping in the cooler weather with lows in the20s and have been gone most of the day. Returned to find the camper inside temp at around 80. The furnace was running non stop. The inside temp is showing 32 degrees when the unit is on, but you turn the unit off and then hit inside temp and it shows it's 79 inside. The furnace is running non stop. Please help in resetting this and or possible problems and fixes. 2017 Sandpiper 372 with dual zone control
MFR560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #2

That's why I hate those damn digital thermostats! Just give me the old ones, I set it manually I'm good. I can turn mine up or down just fine by myself!!!
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

Mine spazzes out sometimes... I am actually looking at youtube to see about using a home thermostat.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #4

MFR560L: I believe your thermostat is powered by 12vDC. There could be two possible power sources for the t'stat: 1) It gets power from a 12vDC circuit from the fuse panel, not the circuit breakers. IF you can find a fuse labeled "thermostat" try pulling the fuse for 10 seconds to see if that will reset the t'stat. 2) Your 12vDC may come from your A/C unit which is 110vAC, in this case find the circuit breaker for the A/C and flip it to OFF for 10 seconds and see if this will reset the t'stat.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the help. It corrected itself after about 12 hours. I cut power to it and restarted it and no change. Went to bed with some space heaters got up next morning and still not working. An hour later it corrected itself. Wish I had a more clear cut answer on what corrected the problem, but cutting power and waiting didn't work. If this continues I will be looking for a different solution as well.
MFR560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFR560 View Post
Thanks for the help. It corrected itself after about 12 hours. I cut power to it and restarted it and no change. Went to bed with some space heaters got up next morning and still not working. An hour later it corrected itself. Wish I had a more clear cut answer on what corrected the problem, but cutting power and waiting didn't work. If this continues I will be looking for a different solution as well.
If it corrected itself I would suspect a loose connection someplace causing improper voltage.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:39 PM   #7

My dometic thermostat would let the ac run full time. I insulated behind the thermostat and solved my problem.
67vtx1800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, thermostat