Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Electrical Panel Indicators?

I'm new to travel trailers and just brought home a new 2016 Forest River Salem Lite. As you enter the door there is a panel where I have lights, water heater, and water pump switches. I also have my tank status lights which I understand. It's the battery life lights that are confusing. I have 2 batteries connected together. When pushing on the single battery indicator button I'll get 1 red light for "L", 2 lights for "F", 3 for "G", and 4 for "C". What do these letters mean? I know, dumb question. I would think L was for low, maybe F for full, but the other are confusing.
Thanks
Ted
tgduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
clr

The F is Fair and the G is for Good and the L is for L. The C is either Charging or Complete I think. But while you are plugged into AC power and the converter is charging the battery you are reading the output of the converter and not the battery. That said it will always read 4 lights or Charging when you are plugged into AC power.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, electric, electrical