Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #1

Question engine on legacy turns off with ? high load

I start my motor home engine and it turns off. I try to start a minute or to later and the panel lights up and it starts. I t runs for a few minutes and if I release the parking brake, or put in gear it stalls? could the engine batteries be low and with the load it shuts off?
I started the motor home this AM and I had the start/stall sequence x3. I then checked to see if the ADS was inverting or charging. I switched to charge and it ran all day until I turned on the air conditioners?
necasperaterrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #2

bump
necasperaterrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #3

Not much info to work with, it would be useful to know what drivetrain your motorhome has, how many batteries and how old etc.

Very generally speaking, yes a failed battery can make an engine not idle correctly and stall. However then you wouldn't be able to start the engine without a jump, so it could be loose or corroded connections at the battery, starter or alternator.
TheGerman is offline   Reply With Quote