Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #1

Evil intermittent electrical problem!

Oh we have an evil intermittent electrical problem. The awning on our almost 1 month old Georgetown wouldn’t retract at the last campout, and we used the OSHA approved stepstool perched on top of a picnic table method to get it to roll up.

This past weekend the awning deployed just fine, and rolled up without hesitation the first day (it was getting windy). When we were ready to go home the awning rolled up ½ way and then just stopped. We can hear the relay clicking when the switch is pressed so some power is getting somewhere. We rolled it up manually (leaning over from the roof) and pressing the switch at the same time it seemed like the last little bit was rolling with assistance.

Has anyone had any similar difficulties or experience and do you have a suggestion on what to try? Sure it’s covered under warranty, but messages left asking for an appointment haven’t been returned for the past 2 weeks.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I haven't personally but there was another Georgetown owner parked near us this weekend. We were talking about problems and she commented something very similar to what you just stated. They told her to check the wind sensor switch. If turned off turn it on. If already on turn it off then back on. She said this solved the problem. It's usually located in the compartment just right of the door entrance.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

in search of another switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
check the wind sensor switch. If turned off turn it on. If already on turn it off then back on. She said this solved the problem. It's usually located in the compartment just right of the door entrance.
Hmm I have not seen such a switch. I wonder if it is elsewhere? Never installed?

You know these RVs are not like cars. With a car if you get a "Ford" it doesn't really matter which model you buy the controls are going to be pretty much the same. I was looking at a page of modifications (really interesting thread btw) and in one post there is a snapshot of the control panel. Looks NOTHING like ours.

When it stops raining so hard I'll go outside and have a look.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote