Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #1

Excessive humid warm air blowing through heat ducts when not turned on (middle of summ

Hello all,

We have had our ‘21 Wildwood fifth wheel for 8 months full timing it.

Recently I have noticed a huge amount of air pouring through all of my floor vents for no reason. It is very abundant near the furnace intake vent, too. Underneath my kitchen sink is very very warm and I can feel the draft of wet Florida air seeping through.

My AC units are on full blast, and I have a third unit installed in the common area with the negative pressure going out a window(sealed and installed correctly).

Does anyone know why this sudden infiltration of air through my floor vents is happening? Is it because of too much airflow from my third unit install? Thanks in advance.
Dstout22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:08 PM   #2
D W

Negative pressure Are you stating that you maintain a negative pressure inside?
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

Might be a good idea to check the heating ducts to make sure none have come loose. I am assuming the floor ducts are attached to the furnace and should only be recirculating air from inside which is heated when passing through the running furnace. A loose duct in an space open to the outside in any way, combined with the negative pressure inside created by the window unit, can easily cause what you describe.

Simple test--------turn off the window unit and see if this stops. If it does then check all the heating ductwork and make sure a connection hasn't loosened.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:25 PM   #4

I just said that wrong is all
Old 06-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Might be a good idea to check the heating ducts to make sure none have come loose. I am assuming the floor ducts are attached to the furnace and should only be recirculating air from inside which is heated when passing through the running furnace. A loose duct in an space open to the outside in any way, combined with the negative pressure inside created by the window unit, can easily cause what you describe.

Simple test--------turn off the window unit and see if this stops. If it does then check all the heating ductwork and make sure a connection hasn't loosened.
Thank you for the advice, will do!
Old 06-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #6

Let me ask you this. Is your fan set to AUTO?
2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 CCLB DRW Cummins HO 4:10s
2018 Heartland Big Country 3950FB
Dan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 10:48 AM   #7

One other thing to check, although if you check the duct connections to the furnace you will notice this. I had similar problem with our 2018 Grey Wolf. Noticed heat coming out vents was minimal, but a lot of heat coming out of cold air intake under stove. Thought the ducts had come loose. Removed cold air intake grill, ducts were fine, but side of furnace facing inward had completely fallen off. I found 2 screws holding panel on, and reattached panel.
Good luck.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote