Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #1

EZ-Lube Rubber Seal

I lost the rubber seal out of my EZ-Lube dust cap. Does anyone know any good places to pick one up. I don't need the whole cap, just the round rubber seal in the middle. I have tried the local Tractor Supply with no luck, and I have heard that Walmart sometimes carries them in their Auto department. Anyone know any other places to check?
zwinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:51 AM   #2

If this is what you are looking for, etrailer.com carries them. Grease Cap Plug for E-Z Lube Grease Caps

I see that this is your first post, so welcome to the forum!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome. A coworker suggested check there. I'm hoping to find some place local for my trip this weekend, but if I don't find anything I'll order them online.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #4

That's a coincidence, I think we have the same exact camper. I've got the 2702SS also. How do you like it? It is our first camper (we wanted to skip the popup step) and decided to get something we'll be happy with for a long time.

My first trip I had some trouble with the camper pulling the battery down on my truck if I left it plugged in and parked, like when we stopped for lunch. I've since blown and ultimately pulled the 12v feed fuse. I can't tell where the draw is coming from, everything I can think of is turned off in the camper besides the fridge while towing. My camper battery would also run down after more than a few days in storage, so I installed a marine disconnect on my battery box. Have you had a similar experience?

I've been lurking the forums for awhile, but this was my first post. There is a lot of really good info on here.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #5

Well yes we do have the same camper! It has a great layout and nice finish, we are very happy with ours.

Can't say I have had the same battery issues that you are having. I also tow with the fridge on however most of my trips are direct, with little or not stopping along the way.

While in storage lots of folks here (and I do too) keep the battery charging with a battery tender. If you have access to AC you may want to do the same. And if you are not able to do it at the storage site you may want to consider bringing the battery home. Others charge using the CG AC (use your disconnect switch prior to connecting the battery to the tender). On a recent post someone mentioned that the converters in these trailers aren't that good at charging the batteries so if you camping trips are 3 to 4 days your battery may never get a full charge.

Electricity and battery issues are not my expertise so I'm sure others here will provide good advise.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #6

Try any auto parts store. I got mine at NAPA.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwinning View Post
I lost the rubber seal out of my EZ-Lube dust cap. Does anyone know any good places to pick one up. I don't need the whole cap, just the round rubber seal in the middle. I have tried the local Tractor Supply with no luck, and I have heard that Walmart sometimes carries them in their Auto department. Anyone know any other places to check?
if u can find a trailer supply dealer they carry them. even one that sells utility trailers. they are abt 50 cents ea. they may come in two sizes. i would carry one with me as an example.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote