RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-13-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

Factory Warranty

My wife & I are full time RV’ers. We bought our 2020 5th wheel & needed some warranty work done (roof air, flooring coming up, water tank issues, ect...). We decided on Camping World in Las Vegas for our repairs. We dropped our 5th wheel off on Aug 3rd, 2020 & got the call it was finally finished on Jan 4th, 2021! Seriously!!! We’d been staying with relatives during the repair work. After 5 MONTHS of our home being in the shop, when we picked up our 5th wheel, Camping World didn’t even fix all the issues! They blamed everything on Forrest River & their process of getting warranty issues approved... We will never buy another Forrest River product & have quit shopping at Camping World!
Thanks for letting me vent!
carlomarinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #2
Always Learning

First, I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. We were fulltime for 5 years as a family of 4 and totally understand the pain of dealing with warranty work.

Every brand has issues. These things are built at a (sometimes literal) run's pace and mistakes happen.

Forest River is the lesser issue. The significantly bigger issue is using Camping World. Unfortunately, they're notorious for having crappy sales + service support.

For the issues, you can often use mobile RV techs vs. taking it in. Mobile techs want to get the issues knocked out and wrapped up so they can move onto the next job. Otherwise, look at RV Service Centers in the area- they also want to get stuff moved along.

And as for them blaming Forest River- call your manufacturer directly and find out what warranty issues they submitted and what fixes were approved. You would be surprised at how poorly dealers often do with warranty claims. They then blame the manufacturer when it isn't really them.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:26 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlomarinois View Post
My wife & I are full time RV’ers. We bought our 2020 5th wheel & needed some warranty work done (roof air, flooring coming up, water tank issues, ect...). We decided on Camping World in Las Vegas for our repairs. We dropped our 5th wheel off on Aug 3rd, 2020 & got the call it was finally finished on Jan 4th, 2021! Seriously!!! We’d been staying with relatives during the repair work. After 5 MONTHS of our home being in the shop, when we picked up our 5th wheel, Camping World didn’t even fix all the issues! They blamed everything on Forrest River & their process of getting warranty issues approved... We will never buy another Forrest River product & have quit shopping at Camping World!
Thanks for letting me vent!
As was said, Camping World is the last place you should take your RV for repair.
Have you talked directly to FR Warranty dept or are you relating what CW told you?
You can take your RV to an independent RV shops or mobile RV technician, for Warranty work. You just need to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.

You posted back in July of last year about Warranty issues and you never came back until now. Why didn't you use the Forum between then and now? We could have helped you with this, before it got to this point.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #4

I guess we trusted Camping World... Live & learn! I appreciate y’all’s feedback!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Help me understand... you live in your 5th wheel, you dropped it off for service and 5 months later you get a call, went to pick it up and found some items were not even fixed.

Had you no conversation or contact with them in those 5 months?

If this were my HOME, I'd have been visiting them about every 3rd day and if there were still issues/no progress after the 1st or 2nd visit, I would have hitched to it and went elsewhere.

Again, I'm just trying to understand.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=15
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:34 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Help me understand... you live in your 5th wheel, you dropped it off for service and 5 months later you get a call, went to pick it up and found some items were not even fixed.

Had you no conversation or contact with them in those 5 months?

If this were my HOME, I'd have been visiting them about every 3rd day and if there were still issues/no progress after the 1st or 2nd visit, I would have hitched to it and went elsewhere.

Again, I'm just trying to understand.
And I would have had a conversation with FR Warranty dept after the first month.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 01-13-2021, 11:59 PM   #7

We were staying with family in Southern California, so going to Camping World in Las Vegas wasn’t an option. We spoke to Camping World weekly for updates. Because of Covid, Forest River was extremely slow in approving our warranty issues.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Because of Covid, Forest River was extremely slow in approving our warranty issues.
I wouldn't blame Forest River unless you've spoken to them directly. Dealers hate warranty work if you didn't buy the rig from them.
It's more probable that they had trouble getting parts and workers which has been a problem since covid19.
Our local Camping World didn't want to touch my rig until it was out of warranty. Once it was out of warranty and I needed some routine maintenance, they did it quickly and professionally.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:57 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Because of Covid, Forest River was extremely slow in approving our warranty issues.
Was that what FR told you or what CW told you? If CW told you that, why would you believe them after how they've treated you.
Dealers love to blame the manufacturer because it takes the heat off of them. That's why we always recommend that the consumer contact FR, to verify what the dealer is saying. Odds are the dealer is lying.

Tags
factory, warranty