Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #1

Faux leather upholstry

We have a 2018 Grey Wolf 29TE that we purchased new just over a month ago. It has a jackknife sofa in the super slide. When they built the trim piece that extends from the bottom of the sofa to the floor they made it entirely too tall. The sofa rests on top of it instead of the sofa frame and in turn pushes it down to drag the floor. This is an easy fix that I would rather not take to the dealer who will keep it for entirely too long when we could be using it. My question is how can I get some of the brown leather fabric that they used to cover the plywood?
The screw holes will have to be moved and there is hundreds of stapes in it so a new piece will be much easier than trying to salvage what is there.
jp1522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #2

Just go to a shop that does car interiors. They should be able to do what you want. I took my jacknife and had it recovered in better material along with extra padding. Much nicer to sit on and will wear much better.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DEALER IF YOU CAN FIX IT YOURSELF.. I took my 30X3 to my dealer 4. months ago yes 4. Months for the door not working right .... it is not ForestRiver they have been very good ... it is the dealer ,they don’t care , it just sits in the back lot, I can’t get there to easy 3 to 4 hours away. So I call and call now the new thing is we called and your voicemail was full . They don’t even call back ForestRiver ,my rep from ForestRiver tells me he called them and they don’t call him for 3to 5 days..I don’t want to say the dealers name until I get my coach back . So if you can do it yourself DO IT .. as consumers we have rights, we spend a lot of money, but the quality of workmanship that we accept is really poor,the industry doesn’t care that much about quality they just want to may the BIG DOLLARS.
I KNOW I sound very upset well yes iam 70 years old and we had 2 trips planned and the time has come and gone I also lost my $500 deposit. The next trip is in 3 weeks from today. Thanks for listening to me I hope everyone has a good and safe summer........
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #4

Oh I will not take it to a dealer.
The reason I have a new one is because we bought a new one last year same problem and they fixed it so good that they created a leak that after 3 attempts they could not fix and decided that there only way out was to trade me to another.
Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get yours back soon
jp1522 is offline   Reply With Quote