Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

I want to eventually go to the protractor system, but in the mean time I have been doing this successfully:

With the antennae in the fully raised position, but not moving it from the "0" position, I do a channel search with the TV. I then move the antennae 120°, and do an "add channel" search. I then move the antennae 120° the opposite way from "0", and again do an "add channel" search.

If I am going to be at that destination for a couple of days, I right down the channel number, network affiliation, and where on the antennae dial that station is located for quick reference.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cootr68 View Post
If you have an Android phone TV antenna helper is a good app. It uses your GPS location to find towers/signals near you and also has compass feature.
excellent....thanks for the app. I just downloaded it and will try this week.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #23

I am also an engineer, and this is my technique:

If you know a local station, tune manually to it. If you don't, try several different antenna orientations and scan or check for reception (try channel 3 or 4). Once you have a channel, find the signal meter on the setup menu (most newer TVs will have one) and turn the antenna until you get the best signal. Then, run the scan.

Of course, since I'm often in the middle of nowhere, I usually use the satellite dish and tripod. Normally, I use the antenna only if I know there are stations nearby and I want the HD (my dish is SD) or I'm in a hurry and don't feel like setting up and aiming the dish.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #24

I use the King Contrrols SureLock signal finder and it works great:

SureLock Digital Tv Signal Finder

You just hook it up to the antenna jack and rotate to peak signal. In our unit I actually plug it ino the tv jack in the BR because I can esily see it from the antenna rotor. I got mine from Amazon for about $35.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad