Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #1

Fixed my fuel station gauges not reading

I am new to the forum but found a fix for the fuel station gauge fix that worked for my 2 gauge system.

2009 Forest River XLR 385x12 Toy Hauler

There are 6 Phillips head screws on outside that can be removed to pull gauge station out for easier access to back of gauges.

Once out you will see 2 5-amp fuses or 1 with a single gauge with an regulator plugged inline as well. Check fuses to make sure they are not blown. If both or one are not blown then remove them to cut the inflow of power to the gauges.

As shown in the picture there are 3 connection points, left is your hot/ center is ground/ right is to sending unit in tank(mind the warning tag on sending unit screw about touching hot to it).

How I fixed mine was resetting the sending unit without dropping the tank to do so. How I did this is switched the ground and sending unit wires. After doing so put in fuses and turned on pump at the control panel inside(which I think is a terrible place for that switch to be, running from from inside to back outside without killing myself tripping of kids stuff LOL). When returning to gauges with pump on the gauges both read full. Time to run back to switch and turn it off dodging kids and toys on the way!!!

Now go back and remove 5-amp fuses and switch wires back and put fuses back in and the gauges worked as they should(18 gallon main tank read 3/4 full and 30 gallon fuel pump station read 1/4 full)

After putting the gauges back in place with the 6 Phillips head screws, you can run a bead of dicon sealer around outside to reseal it but don't think it is necessary since back of gauges are exposed to open area of frame

Hope this helps future people having same issues

I just got my RV and I'm still in process of fixing issues I'm finding and glad this forum has helped with some of those
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180707_194620.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	178651  
Killjoy20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel