Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #1

Folding Entry Grab Rail Stowage

My Wildwood came with a folding door entry hand rail... When camping it locks down into the extended position for use, and when stowing will lock down in the aft position but not in the forward position across the door to prevent door opening should it happen.. There is plenty of clearance when in the forward position but just won't lock down.. should it? If so, any ideas on how to fix it? Picture shows what I am talking about.. Thanks
Attached Images

Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #2

I believe it should lock in the forward position, across the door. My 2010 2604SS has 2 doors and the handles on both will lock across the door. At a gas stop on the way to Big Band National Park in April I found the forward door was unlatched and was being held shut by the handle. Had it swung open in tight traffic it could have been bad. I check all doors and hitch at every stop now.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote