Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #81

Water fill

It seems to me if the fill hose is screwed on and getting city water pressure that the tank as It filled would also see that pressure (50/60psi). Then the cold water faucet and the vent would eventually also see that pressure. If it is filling slowly eventually the whole water system will see full pressure and it may start at zero pressure and build to maximim as tank fills.

So it should then run out the vent or water faucet at that pressure. So if you fill long enough air or water will come out somewhere. If it were me I would remove the screen and run a typical drain type snake down the tube to see if will get to the tank.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #82
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsledet View Post
Link says "currently unavailable, we dont know when/if it will be available"

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #83

Send a message via Skype™ to Mipo
Just to make matters worst, some TT like the one I own have a "oneway" valve in the hose fitting for filling the fresh water tank.
So no gravity filling, unless I can hook a hose with pressure.
Last summer in algonquin Park with only Hydro on the lot, I had to figure a way to carry fresh water to the TT and fill the tank.
So I purchased a small 12V boat bilge pump to fill the tank, it took 3-4 minutes per 5 gallons can but it did the job.
Mipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:30 PM   #84

If you have a gravity fill inlet, your vent pipe may have water in it. Put a piece of small hose over the vent, tiny holes just above the fill port, and blow. You can feel the pressure and hear the water qurgling as you blow it out. Once you clear the vent line you shouldn’t feel any back pressure while blowing.
MadDog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog2020 View Post
If you have a gravity fill inlet, your vent pipe may have water in it. Put a piece of small hose over the vent, tiny holes just above the fill port, and blow. You can feel the pressure and hear the water qurgling as you blow it out. Once you clear the vent line you shouldn’t feel any back pressure while blowing.

If he has a gravity fill water fill port, he should be using that instead of screwing on the hose as indicated in the original post. But he probably does not have that arrangement but one involving the city water line plus redirecting valves.
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:54 AM   #86

I can share what has happened to us just as something to check. We have a 2018 mini lite 2504s, I experienced an extremely long fresh water tank full followed by an extremely long “overflow”, I looked underneath and the entire underbelly was sagging at least six inches. I ended up pulling a screw and widening the hole just to let the water out and relieve the pressure. Upon inspection at our dealership under warranty, they discovered a crack in our water tank at the fill neck. Rock wood is shipping a whole new tank but worth checking as a precaution.
FreeDivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #87
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogalebrity View Post
Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a Heritage Glen TT 2018. The fresh water takes literally hours to fill. I can’t understand why this would happen. We’ve tried it in multiple cities and locations. We tried opening the faucets. We tried using the pump a little and then leaving the faucets open (to try and get any air out). There’s a grate that stops you from being able to push anything down the fresh water fill, the hose screws directly into the fill.

I don’t think it’s the gage because eventually the gage goes to full (after hours) and the tank overflow valves will start leaking.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea how we could fix it? We can’t get it to the shop until February and this is November.

Thank you in Advance, Angelica
Did you ever get this figured out yet?

It's been over a week now...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #88

I got one of these which is really helpful in letting you know when you have just about added enough to fill the tank. It's also great when I want to just add 15 gallons such as for one night in a dry park or 10 gals. for use along the way. You might find it and maybe cheaper in a local hardware store in the lawn and garden section. They are mainly used to meter how much water to put on the lawn.

P3 P0550 Water Meter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058EOC5M..._LuU6BbXK93DSM
Old 11-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog2020 View Post
First make the screen is clean !!!
Our first TT the screen was almost 100% covered with putty,, from FR !!!

PS: do not be surprised if some water flys out on you !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #90

I didn't read all this but my expandable hose takes 3 times longer to fill anything as my half or 5/8 inch hoses.
Hope you've tried different hoses.
Maybe a PITA but i would try filling it through the water pump line. That'll tell you if it's got a kink in the inlet or if it's a venting issue. Hope there isn't a one way valve on the actual tank
camping with beasts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #91
ENE

It too bad with new trailers the dealer or repair center has to cut the belly cover every time they have to get in. Over the years the belly cover will look like Frankenstein. Additional time the tape will start to fall off too.
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENE View Post
It too bad with new trailers the dealer or repair center has to cut the belly cover every time they have to get in. Over the years the belly cover will look like Frankenstein. Additional time the tape will start to fall off too.
That it will !!!
Same as we did to Manufactured Homes !!!
Old 11-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigorange View Post
I had a similar issue with a gravity feed for fresh water...my overflow was clogged so no air could escape the fresh tank. Check your overflow and make sure it’s not clogged or kinked.
Thank you for replying! Sadly ours is pressure filled and we can’t find the air vent. We think at this point it’s either there is no air vent or there’s a link somewhere in the line. When we get it in for service in February we will update everyone.
Yogalebrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman99 View Post
It seems to me if the fill hose is screwed on and getting city water pressure that the tank as It filled would also see that pressure (50/60psi). Then the cold water faucet and the vent would eventually also see that pressure. If it is filling slowly eventually the whole water system will see full pressure and it may start at zero pressure and build to maximim as tank fills.

So it should then run out the vent or water faucet at that pressure. So if you fill long enough air or water will come out somewhere. If it were me I would remove the screen and run a typical drain type snake down the tube to see if will get to the tank.
We removed the screen but the line goes down to smaller than the size of a pencil. We figured out that the end table at the back is actually the cover for the water inlets so we took it off and found out the water line has a L Bend right after the inlet and goes to a 1/2 inch hose then into the floor where we could not see. You cannot stick anything in there because about 6 inches after the inlet valve is the plastic L Bend. Also the screen has a washer attached to it, if you take that out water just sprays everywhere through the fjtting and onto the ground. Quality was obviously not a factor in the build process.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDivr View Post
I can share what has happened to us just as something to check. We have a 2018 mini lite 2504s, I experienced an extremely long fresh water tank full followed by an extremely long “overflow”, I looked underneath and the entire underbelly was sagging at least six inches. I ended up pulling a screw and widening the hole just to let the water out and relieve the pressure. Upon inspection at our dealership under warranty, they discovered a crack in our water tank at the fill neck. Rock wood is shipping a whole new tank but worth checking as a precaution.
Thank you! I’ll have them check at the dealer!
Old 11-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #96

I know OP has a pressure fill and not a gravity fill system. However, someone was looking for a way to purchase the new Valterra SECURE-FILL gravity fill hose adapter. You can get it at RVUpgrades.com, here's the link:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Valte...-p/62-2583.htm

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #97
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarklake View Post
I know OP has a pressure fill and not a gravity fill system. However, someone was looking for a way to purchase the new Valterra SECURE-FILL gravity fill hose adapter. You can get it at RVUpgrades.com, here's the link:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Valte...-p/62-2583.htm
Or you can buy this Camco one at Walmart, True Value, Ace Hardware, Big R, Tractor Supply, True Value Hardware and Camping World...$3.00 to $6.00 depending on which store.
Attached Images

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Or you can buy this Camco one at Walmart, True Value, Ace Hardware, Big R, Tractor Supply, True Value Hardware and Camping World...$3.00 to $6.00 depending on which store.
As I think I mentioned before,,, if I were to buy another one of these,,, I would first glue the tube to the valve,,, as my DW could explain,,, the tube can come apart and fall into the FW tank for ever !!!
I prefer the setup I made because it goes into the fill tube about 2 feet !!!

Old 11-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #99
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
As I think I mentioned before,,, if I were to buy another one of these,,, I would first glue the tube to the valve,,, as my DW could explain,,, the tube can come apart and fall into the FW tank for ever !!!
I prefer the setup I made because it goes into the fill tube about 2 feet !!!

Yep, I put a hose clamp on mine as I too, almost lost it into the deep, dark, dungeon called the fresh water tank.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Yep, I put a hose clamp on mine as I too, almost lost it into the deep, dark, dungeon called the fresh water tank.
DW did not almost loose it into the FR tank,,, she did !!!
FW tank never drained well after that !!!

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank