Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Or you can buy this Camco one at Walmart, True Value, Ace Hardware, Big R, Tractor Supply, True Value Hardware and Camping World...$3.00 to $6.00 depending on which store.

The Valterra has the added feature of securing to the freshwater tank fill inlet with a twist-lock. I'd probably fork out another 10 bucks for that. I can't comment on how well the plastic fill tube is glued to the assembly, but I would hate to lose either into the tank!
Does the Camco one come with a screen? I can't tell from the photo. I know my similar-looking hot water tank sprayer does not have a screen.
I'm asking because I haven't purchased one yet. I'm just sharing the link to where to buy one of the Valterras because someone had previously mentioned they couldn't find one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62-2583-2T.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	191494  

2019 Wildwood 171RBXL
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 5.7L V8 HEMI
adarklake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:26 AM   #102
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarklake View Post
The Valterra has the added feature of securing to the freshwater tank fill inlet with a twist-lock. I'd probably fork out another 10 bucks for that. I can't comment on how well the plastic fill tube is glued to the assembly, but I would hate to lose either into the tank!
Does the Camco one come with a screen? I can't tell from the photo. I know my similar-looking hot water tank sprayer does not have a screen.
I'm asking because I haven't purchased one yet. I'm just sharing the link to where to buy one of the Valterras because someone had previously mentioned they couldn't find one.
No the Camco one does not come with a screen but they are like 10¢ at any hardware store... BUT... I NEVER put water in my fresh tank that I don't run through a canister type water filter. If you use that... no screen needed.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
No the Camco one does not come with a screen but they are like 10¢ at any hardware store... BUT... I NEVER put water in my fresh tank that I don't run through a canister type water filter. If you use that... no screen needed.
Right On Picker
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #104
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Funny...

I've had one of mine for over 10 years...the other four or five years...never once had the rubber hose even remotely want to slide off!

Also, I have one of those water flow meters on mine so I can gauge (even though they aren't very accurate) how much water is going in.

Plus, when I'm filling the fresh water tank I put the hose over the top of my basement door so that there is no weight from the hose pulling down on the filler tube.

What are you guys doing to them to make that rubber hose fall off?
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #105
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Funny...

I've had one of mine for over 10 years...the other four or five years...never once had the rubber hose even remotely want to slide off!

Also, I have one of those water flow meters on mine so I can gauge (even though they aren't very accurate) how much water is going in.

Plus, when I'm filling the fresh water tank I put the hose over the top of my basement door so that there is no weight from the hose pulling down on the filler tube.

What are you guys doing to them to make that rubber hose fall off?
I have a couple of them too.
The original is the one the hose almost fell off.

The later one I have attached to a flow meter such as you mentioned.
The hose is secure on this one (I tried pulling it off) and my meter is accurate to the tenth when filling a 5 gallon bucket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flow_meter.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	191506  

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I have a couple of them too.
The original is the one the hose almost fell off.

The later one I have attached to a flow meter such as you mentioned.
The hose is secure on this one (I tried pulling it off) and my meter is accurate to the tenth when filling a 5 gallon bucket.
I had the same problem. I dropped the coroplast and found my problem. The duct tape they used at the factory to hold up the vent tube came loose. I rerouted the vent tube and used cable ties to hold it up. No more issues with filling fresh water.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:38 PM   #107

Just to let everyone know, there was a kink in the line during manufacturing and that’s why we couldn’t get any water in. Now it takes 8 minutes to fill verses the two hours it was taking. Shame they make a brand new 30k coach with so little quality and pride.
Yogalebrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #108
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the problem was.

Do you know what caused the kink? Was it pinched against something, or just too long an kinked?
Old 02-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post

Do you know what caused the kink? Was it pinched against something, or just too long an kinked?
Or poor quality WORKMANSHIP ???

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post

The dealership didn’t say exactly. He just said kinked and I really didn’t care so much as I just wanted it to work.
Yogalebrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #111
I'm Lost

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogalebrity View Post
The dealership didn’t say exactly. He just said kinked and I really didn’t care so much as I just wanted it to work.

X2

Much appreciated your updating us.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank