Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
Your link isn't working...

try this one
billy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I agree. The port with a screen, should be the city water intake and if the other one has no screen, that's probably the FW fill port.
Nope the city water connection is indeed the city connection. We have used it without the water pump.
Yogalebrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bob View Post
Thank you, I watched that. It doesn’t help our problem. Neither did calling Forest River.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #64

Thank you. I think that is probably the case, the hose is kinked in some way or there is no air vent. We just don’t want to rip out the bottom of the RV to find out since it is under warranty. We’ll take it for service when we next can in February.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #65
I'm Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogalebrity View Post
There are no other controls to access. We are using the fresh inlet.

Ok, so I own a an older 2013 Rockwood, it had a gravity fill connection, I upped it to a gravity fill with a door/lock (just to feel safer) which you fill by jamming the hose in it (after spraying with a bleach solution) and turning up the water flow until it started leaking out the filler, then wait until it really leaked out thus telling you the tank was full.

So now my dumb question;

How the hell do you fill the ops trailer if the filling station hose has a damaged male connector or is completely missing the end? I've filled at many Provincial, State and private campgrounds with damaged hose ends?

It's bad enough trying to connect to the black water wash connection with a damaged end (at the dumping station), so now you have to worry about a good fresh water hose connector to fill your fresh tank!

Sorry about the rant but I can see this would be an issue with me as most of our recent camping has been on usually hydro only site with us running off of the on-board water tank.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #66
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabakami View Post
Ok, so I own a an older 2013 Rockwood, it had a gravity fill connection, I upped it to a gravity fill with a door/lock (just to feel safer) which you fill by jamming the hose in it (after spraying with a bleach solution) and turning up the water flow until it started leaking out the filler, then wait until it really leaked out thus telling you the tank was full.

So now my dumb question;

How the hell do you fill the ops trailer if the filling station hose has a damaged male connector or is completely missing the end? I've filled at many Provincial, State and private campgrounds with damaged hose ends?

It's bad enough trying to connect to the black water wash connection with a damaged end (at the dumping station), so now you have to worry about a good fresh water hose connector to fill your fresh tank!

Sorry about the rant but I can see this would be an issue with me as most of our recent camping has been on usually hydro only site with us running off of the on-board water tank.

Geoff
Google 'water bandit' or 'water theif'.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #67
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:

So now my dumb question;

Geoff
I have a thing I bought at Camping World called a Water Bandit...

Fits on those national park water pumps that don't allow a screw on hose.

One of those might work!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Wat...gaArCUEALw_wcB
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #68

Quote:

So now my dumb question;

Geoff
You don’t. We wouldn’t be able to fill there but we only fill where we can use our own hose. Because ewwwww!
Old 11-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #69
I'm Lost

Bandit

Thanks John, Picker
I'll be picking one up this winter for doing the black water rinse.

Appreciate your comeback.

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #70

I had a similar issue with a gravity feed for fresh water...my overflow was clogged so no air could escape the fresh tank. Check your overflow and make sure it’s not clogged or kinked.
bigorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 PM   #71

Hello, I had the exact same problem with my 2017 Grey Wolf 23DBH. The dealer said it couldn't be fix due to a poor design which it was, a very poorly designed and installed system. The hose was installed with 3 feet of extra hose and run all wavy like a snake and turned in such a way it wouldn't allow it to fill the tank. I took it to a private certified RV repair tech and he fixed it by opening the bottom cover and running new hose the way it should have been done in the first place so it is now truly gravity fed and it works as it should. It was 600 dollars but the dealership cut me a cheque to cover the repair. He had to run it through my pantry but designed a real nice cover so it could not be seen when opening the pantry. I agree being a new trailer this should not happen, but unfortunately it does. I never gave up getting a proper repair and reimbursed. Now it's as it should be. Best of luck!!
Tommy Sedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #72

Quote:
Thanks John, Picker
I'll be picking one up this winter for doing the black water rinse.

Appreciate your comeback.

Geoff
The drawback of these type of "Thiefs/Bandits" is you CANT Pressurize these without placing a Hose clamp of some type to prevent "Blow Off"! they sometimes work fine for filling a Open FW Tank! Youroo!!
Old 11-12-2018, 08:06 PM   #73

Smile True 4 season?

Quote:
Forest River does NOT make a true 4 season trailer. your HG is at best a 3 season trailer so the tank is accessible.
I own a FR Riverstone. It is indeed a 4 season trailer/5th wheeel.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #74

My friend called me after a few hours of trying to fill his water tank on their maiden trip. I had him send me pictures... he connected the water line to the city water connection. Obviously that isn't gonna work so i had him look for another inlet.
The FW water fill port was unlabled and in an obscure location, away from the city water inlet. Once he used that, it was filled in about 5 min.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:24 PM   #75
mads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
The best fresh water tank filler I have used is the SNL Products Secure-Fill. I can’t remember where I bought it a couple of years ago, and searching online just now, I can’t find anywhere that it is in stock. It looks like Valterra may have recently bought the design because I found it on their website, but I can’t find a way to buy it.

The Secure-Fill makes filling your tank so easy and fast. I hope you can find one somewhere. Here’s a video of how it works:

http://youtu.be/9HcjtK_k7Qs

Here is a link to it on Valterra’s “New Products” for 2018-2019 page:

http://www.valterra.com/product/secure-fill/

Bruce

Here: https://www.amazon.com/Secure-Fill-SNL1SF/dp/B001FC7G2M
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #76

probably is going on the ground?
framatome1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #77

Quote:
Thank you. I think that is probably the case, the hose is kinked in some way or there is no air vent. We just don’t want to rip out the bottom of the RV to find out since it is under warranty. We’ll take it for service when we next can in February.
If you aren't going to look for a solution to fix something as simple as removing some underbelly covering or panels because you are afraid of "voiding your warranty", you may be in the wrong hobby.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:55 PM   #78

Quote:
Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a Heritage Glen TT 2018. The fresh water takes literally hours to fill. I can’t understand why this would happen. We’ve tried it in multiple cities and locations. We tried opening the faucets. We tried using the pump a little and then leaving the faucets open (to try and get any air out). There’s a grate that stops you from being able to push anything down the fresh water fill, the hose screws directly into the fill.

I don’t think it’s the gage because eventually the gage goes to full (after hours) and the tank overflow valves will start leaking.

Has anyone else had this issue or have any idea how we could fix it? We can’t get it to the shop until February and this is November.

Thank you in Advance, Angelica
A lot of fresh water fills are "pour in" or push a water hose into the fill port. I don't know how many are "screw on." Are you quite sure you aren't using the fresh water input line to "fill" the tank backwards through a broken or partially open water pump check valve?
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #79

Quote:
Forest River does NOT make a true 4 season trailer. your HG is at best a 3 season trailer so the tank is accessible.
you are incorrect, my FR 20QB is a 4 season tt.
catskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:31 PM   #80

I have a similar problem in my motorhome. I think I do have some restriction in the line, but my big screw up was using a pressure regulator while filling fresh water tank. My previous trailer was gravity fill, stick the hose in the hole and I always used a pressure regulator on the screw on hose connections. Until I paused to consider the fresh water fill isnt pressurizing anything its venting as it fills. My pressure at the house is about 65psi and I went from hours to fill to maybe 30 mins. Still slower than it should be but at least not hours.
Vallan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank