Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #1

Full Spec Diagram/Technical map of trailer?

Hi all, my cousin is gutting a beat up Rockwood
Forest River 2005 travel trailer, Model 2603, and we are trying to find a full diagram of the entire specs of the trailer - what is where on the whole thing (like all the boxes in the interior and what is behind walls/panels) to know what can be moved/drilled into etc and what can't. We were not able to find a manual that is comprehensive enough in that way. We don't want to damage anything important but want to know what kind of flexibility we have. Anyone know where online I could find something like this? Thanks!
snakeintheboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
Site Team

I’m sorry to say you’re unlikely to find this info on a new unit. You won’t find it on an old unit.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #3

Okay, thanks a lot
snakeintheboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Site Team

Yep, doesn't exist.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeintheboot View Post
Forest River 2005 travel trailer, Model 2603, and we are trying to find a full diagram of the entire specs of the trailer - what is where on the whole thing (like all the boxes in the interior and what is behind walls/panels) to know what can be moved/drilled into etc and what can't. We were not able to find a manual that is comprehensive enough in that way. We don't want to damage anything important but want to know what kind of flexibility we have. Anyone know where online I could find something like this? Thanks!
What an opportunity ! Two days ago on this site we were blessed with contact from " Forest River Mfg " at 1:25 pm Ethan Strickler is F,R " Social Media Coordinator " and in his introduction said " Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority " Now let me preface with this : In 2015 I bought a new Grey Wolf 27RR Toy Hauler...While towing it home I stopped by a friends house to show it...the following week he bought the same rig from the same dealer ! Spring of 2017 I bought a new Wolfpack 25 Pack 12 Toy hauler and stopped by to show him...his wife loved it so the following week he traded his 27 RR in on another 25 Pack 12 ! I help him maintain his equipment ! Electrical and Mechanical systems were " All installed Differently with various degrees of competence on same model trailers ! Ethan just may be able to access what must be termed a '' General mechanical or General electrical schematic " which in the least could let you know what manufacturing intended when they put it together ! In my welcome to him I asked about his thoughts on " Quality Control " bruceharten IBEW retired master electrician
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice5 View Post
What an opportunity ! Two days ago on this site we were blessed with contact from " Forest River Mfg " at 1:25 pm Ethan Strickler is F,R " Social Media Coordinator " and in his introduction said " Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority " Now let me preface with this : In 2015 I bought a new Grey Wolf 27RR Toy Hauler...While towing it home I stopped by a friends house to show it...the following week he bought the same rig from the same dealer ! Spring of 2017 I bought a new Wolfpack 25 Pack 12 Toy hauler and stopped by to show him...his wife loved it so the following week he traded his 27 RR in on another 25 Pack 12 ! I help him maintain his equipment ! Electrical and Mechanical systems were " All installed Differently with various degrees of competence on same model trailers ! Ethan just may be able to access what must be termed a '' General mechanical or General electrical schematic " which in the least could let you know what manufacturing intended when they put it together ! In my welcome to him I asked about his thoughts on " Quality Control " bruceharten IBEW retired master electrician
The member's name is Ethan Sheckler. He is operating a suite of proprietary software to locate across several internet platforms mechanical issues and to populate forms to send descriptions of these issues to appropriate WARRANTY coordinators across the Forest River company. You wrote to Ethan 'First order of Inquirery (inquiry) would be an explanation of your companies thoughts on " Quality Control "' From his explanation of his task, I doubt if he is accepting any inquiries regarding the company's philosophy on anything. I'd be surprised if he deviates from what he described as his task: getting FR unit owners in contact with appropriate warranty personnel.
Secondly, he won't be able to provide schematics if they don't exist. For some lines, they do not.

I hope this helps.
Dan
Site Team

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeintheboot View Post
Listening to the others and from our own experience of owning TT's for many years, I would suggest, if you don't find anything in the way of diagrams, but, live close enough to visit one of the factories, you take a tour of how these TT's are made. We did the tour last year and it was quite informative as you watch them put the units together - and sometimes you can ask some of the old-timer workers if they remember how certain units went together. Our tour person was super gracious and pretty knowledgable - as were the workers. I haven't found that much difference in the basic construction from our unit (2013) to the 2018-19 units that we saw in the factory. Every one was a little different (like stick built houses), but, had many of the same characteristics. With that knowledge and a good stud finder/electrical wire detector, you may be able to figure out where you can drill/cut without hurting much. It can be quite a detective job, but, fun at the same time. Remember walls are only 1/8 inch thick Luan or so and that means not cutting too deep. A lot of newer models have aluminum framing and laminated walls, so you will drill/cut into foam just below the wood panel. At the factory, we found most of the wiring that connected to the lights, etc. they were running under the floor and coming up into the walls. Good luck on your adventure.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #8

You'll have to do what the rest of us do: Cross our fingers and drill our holes!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, trailer