RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 03-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovestogo View Post
Yesterday was the 4th time we had tried to use our back up camera while moving the camper from the house back to the storage facility. Only to find that it didn't work.

More to come as the saga continues... (not a happy camper at the moment).
Out of curiosity, did you get a FOS48 or a FRC12?

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #42
New TT Owner

FOS 48

And Amazon replied last night that they were closing my case because I didn't send back to the. Ompsny in their allotted time.

My only question is how could I have sent it back when it was working on Saturday 3/18 and on Sunday 3/19 it stopped working? I am going to call the Furrion company today and see if I can get someone different to assist. It's just so frustrating!!
Lovestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:22 AM   #43
Pickin', Campin', Mason

How did the wire get broken?
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:01 PM   #44
New TT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
How did the wire get broken?
Unfortunately I have no idea. The broken wire is only our "assumption" as it worked 3 times and on the 4th time, it didn't work.

I also am posting this information for anyone who may be thinking of purchasing the camera from Amazon. If you do and there is a problem, it is NOT warrantied by Furrion.

As stated previously, because I didn't contact the 3rd party person within the 30 day "warranty window" they are off the hook. My claim with Amazon has been dropped as well because I didn't return it to the seller in their warranty time frame. Both the seller and Amazon seem to be missing the fact that there wasn't a problem during the 30 day period because it wasn't being used. So bottom line is I paid $285 for something that doesn't work.

Here is the reply from Furrion that I received via email this afternoon:

"Iíve reviewed your situation with my supervisor and unfortunately we cannot warranty the Observation System you purchased from a seller on Amazon for a number of reasons. Frist, the unit is not being sold by us and is actually being sold by whomever you purchased it from for nearly half the price of what we sell it for brand new with a proper one year warranty. Also, I know you said it was new out of the box however many times we find out that it not the case which is why itís sold a such a drastically reduced price and only given a 30 day warranty when in fact it should be an entire year if it truly is new. Furrion does not sell itís products thru Amazon so we donít know who or where these camera systems are coming from." ***BUYER BEWARE!!!!***
Lovestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #45

Furrion Observation Camera

I purchased my Furrion observation from Walmart for 279. I paid $27 for the 4 year warranty. Pretty much covers everything. I have peace of mind for 4 years. I'm not a warranty guy, but this was a good deal for electronics in weather
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #46

Higher Rez, bigger screen?

I am considering purchasing a Furrion observation camera for my newly punched Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss. In reading the post it looks like the resolution and size of the monitor is somewhat of an issue. Does anyone know if in the last year they have improved either one of these. I have been t trying to contact Furrion no avail.

2017 Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss pulled by a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4X4
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #47

Want Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I am considering purchasing a Furrion observation camera for my newly punched Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss. In reading the post it looks like the resolution and size of the monitor is somewhat of an issue. Does anyone know if in the last year they have improved either one of these. I have been t trying to contact Furrion no avail.
I had no problem using mine AT all. Everything depends on your vision. I do not know if there may be a higher resolution, but the same people would probably complain about the 4 figure price and no room for screen - I'm sure.

Only because I traded in my 3month old TT for an RV and Dealers do not pay for "extras", mine is available. Send me a PM if interested. You may view it and a few other items at ZRD - RV and Travel Trailer Services no obligation at all - just trying to say I liked mine and am extremely glad I had it on the 4 times I used my TT.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #48

Thanks for the reply, I am new to forums and not familiar with the acronyms what is a PM?

2017 Flagstaff Shamrock 21ss pulled by a 2007 Ford F150 XLT 4X4
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Thanks for the reply, I am new to forums and not familiar with the acronyms what is a PM?
Private message. Click on the poster name and select the appropriate option,

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #50

I realize this is an post, bit was wondering how you mount your monitor if you have the textured dash.

Mine will not stick to dash and I am trying to figure out how to mount it
cliffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #51

sticking your screen to dash

Depends on how old your rig is, or other considerations, and how permanent you want the installation.
When my 2006 Ram 2500 was new, I didn't want to do anything permanent. After I had about 50k miles on it, I mounted my GPS to a small ledge in front of the radio, by using gorilla glue, and running a self tapping screw into the plastic. Never once fell off.
hankpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:29 PM   #52

Truck is a 2016 F150. I am thinking about getting a piece of plastic/plexiglass to mount on the dash for the suction cup on the original mount.
cliffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote