Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2024, 02:14 PM   #1

Furrion Thermostat

Furrion thermostat keeps turning off!
We have a Case Number but no help from Techs at Forest River, Furrion or Lippitor The Manufacturer!
They say itís not the thermostat but we ran new wires direct and it still turned itself offÖso calling them again or maybe we need to try a replacement thermostat?
Please advise 🙏
ChaCha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:26 PM   #2

Clarify "turns itself off" as most digital stats will go blank after a timeout however still function fine. Once you tap it again it should come alive and display temp and settings.
Odyknuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
Clarify "turns itself off" as most digital stats will go blank after a timeout however still function fine. Once you tap it again it should come alive and display temp and settings.
On my thermostat ( not a Furrion) it does this when in "Night Mode)

Check manual for Furrion and see if they have a Day mode.
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:54 PM   #4

It turns completely off and will not heat or cool and I have to hit the power button to turn it back on
Old 01-16-2024, 10:56 PM   #5

I will look this up. Thank you for taking time to help
Old 01-28-2024, 07:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
It turns completely off and will not heat or cool and I have to hit the power button to turn it back on

Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem. I've seen this issue mentioned elsewhere online, but have yet to see a fix aside from replacing it with a $250 thermostat.
cleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:41 PM   #7

We have contacted forest River, Furrion , their manufacturer and Bama rv and no one has an answer or will help past creating a case number and passing the buck.
So we ourselves are going to replace the thermostat from a model number FACW12APZA multizone thermostat to a FACW10ESSA-BL single zone because our controller is a FACC10ESSA-BL single zone controller and see if this works.
If it doesn’t work then we will replace the controller. I’m sorry, I wish we had better news
Old 02-13-2024, 10:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaCha View Post
We have contacted forest River, Furrion , their manufacturer and Bama rv and no one has an answer or will help past creating a case number and passing the buck.
So we ourselves are going to replace the thermostat from a model number FACW12APZA multizone thermostat to a FACW10ESSA-BL single zone because our controller is a FACC10ESSA-BL single zone controller and see if this works.
If it doesnít work then we will replace the controller. Iím sorry, I wish we had better news

I tried another camping weekend, and had the same problem with the thermostat turning off multiple times overnight. I just checked and I have the same FACW12APZA that you do. Have you had a chance to try the FACC10ESSA-BL, and did that fix it?

Thanks!
Old 04-16-2024, 09:32 AM   #9

Mine is doing the same thing. The heat shuts off randomly and just pressing the power button allows the furnace to start again. This is the first time we have used it. Had to keep getting up in the night to turn it back on.

Any solution for this?
PatrickVerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:17 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickVerner View Post
Mine is doing the same thing. The heat shuts off randomly and just pressing the power button allows the furnace to start again. This is the first time we have used it. Had to keep getting up in the night to turn it back on.

Any solution for this?

So I replaced the thermostat with the single-zone version:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9JXHQP8

Be aware that it is significantly smaller, and I had to drill a little channel in the side of the cabinet to get the wiring down further to where this one sits.

That said - it's been working great ever since. No E3 in sight. We camped for a week in North Carolina a couple weeks ago and used AC, fan, AND heat and it did exactly what I wanted at all times.

This is a nice simple non-bluetooth single zone thermostat, and seems to do the trick!
Old 04-17-2024, 04:11 PM   #11

For whatever reason Amazon shipped this thing in less than 24 hours. This would never happen if I actually needed it.

The heat ran for 6 hours without shutting off. I guess that that. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-24-2024, 09:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleigh View Post
So I replaced the thermostat with the single-zone version:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9JXHQP8

Be aware that it is significantly smaller, and I had to drill a little channel in the side of the cabinet to get the wiring down further to where this one sits.

That said - it's been working great ever since. No E3 in sight. We camped for a week in North Carolina a couple weeks ago and used AC, fan, AND heat and it did exactly what I wanted at all times.

This is a nice simple non-bluetooth single zone thermostat, and seems to do the trick!
Is the wiring exactly the same? I see you mentioned the unit is physically smaller but I didn’t know if you relocated it somewhere else and that’s why you had to change the wiring if I just kept it in the exact same place is it easy to swap out?
Sarah.Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:43 AM   #13

It's wired exactly the same. It's going to take 5 minutes to swap them.

Tags
furrion, thermostat