Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #1

GeoPro 2019 19FBS - Looking for an Inline Fuse from the Battery

Suspecting this (subject line) is my issue with no 12V power from the battery in my trailer as I have checked everything else... fuse panel under the fridge and no blown fuses there, inverter works, solar display readout works and batteries are fully charged. I have two 6V batteries wired in series and suspect there must be an inline fuse coming from the battery bank and going to the trailer... suspecting it is somewhere under the tongue. Anyone have any confirming info or insight on an inline fuse or associated reset button and what I should specifically look for? My trailer is in an RV storage lot or I would simply go out and look myself. Hoping to gain insight from anyone here before heading there in a couple hours to further problem solve. Photos welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Shredster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:34 PM   #2

You are looking for a 12v circuit breaker. It will have a pin on one side that you push back in to reset it. On my Geo Pro it was under the trailer on the driver's side about 6 feet back from the front edge of the trailer itself.

Name:   12V-Circuit-Breaker.png
Views: 719
Size:  55.6 KB
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #3

Thanks NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
You are looking for a 12v circuit breaker. It will have a pin on one side that you push back in to reset it. On my Geo Pro it was under the trailer on the driver's side about 6 feet back from the front edge of the trailer itself.

Attachment 260276
Thanks. I went to my storage lot after I posted and found something just like that on the inside of the tongue/frame (similar to where you described) and suspected it to be the culprit. However, my version doesn't have a reset button as the Eaton Buss version they used on my build is designed to "auto reset" so thinking I may have fried it altogether. I have a new one that is being delivered today so I hope to test it. I should have brought my voltage meter but forgot or would have tested the back end of it to see if power was passing through. Almost certain its not.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:29 PM   #4

Quote:

Attachment 260276
Not sure why my original, more in depth reply didn't actually post a few mins ago, but thank you NavyLCDR. I did find a master breaker on the inside of the tongue frame but mine is different and without a reset. I simply ordered a new one. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2021, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredster View Post
Not sure why my original, more in depth reply didn't actually post a few mins ago, but thank you NavyLCDR. I did find a master breaker on the inside of the tongue frame but mine is different and without a reset. I simply ordered a new one. Thanks!
Did you test it to ensure it was bad?
NavyLCDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Did you test it to ensure it was bad?
No, couldn't find my voltage meter... figures. Turns out though, it was not my issue. I realized that breaker was for the inverter which worked fine. I then followed two smaller gauge wires from the battery, realizing they were my 12v feeds and they went to two smaller inline breakers that indeed had reset buttons of which I did not see at first. Simply pressing one of the reset buttons fixed my issue. Luckily, the other breaker was only $15 so I am not too much out of pocket for something I didn't even need... and not worth my time to remove and return for $15.

Thanks for all of you insight!
Old 08-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Anytime you don't test the component and just replace it, it invariably is not the component! Just my experience.

Tags
19fbs, battery, fuse