Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #1

Georgetown Batteries not charging?

Hello,

Any ideas why my batteries would not be charging in my new 2010 Georgetown 350TS?

I have plugged in to a house outlet while not in use. Charge does not hold really at all when engine or generator is not on.

It did in the beginning...would last a reasonable time while using lights etc.

I did blow a fuse in a bone headed move to try and use a portable inverter with the chassis power up in front so not to disturb some campers by using generator one morning. Ooops. I noticed it after this happened, but not immediately after...so not sure if this could be related at all?

I have checked all normal pull out fuses in chassis area and those for the RV back near bathroom...I have checked water level in the batteries...have made sure the plus is plugged in back in electrical cable area.

What could I be missing that would make the batteries not charge. Hoping there is a possible simple answer that others have experienced.

Thanks

BFrey
bfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 AM   #2

Batteries won't charge

Next to the battery box left side is a relay with the positive lead coming from the rear of the coach into the relay and out to the batteries. This relay has a reset button. Reset it and then turn the 12 volt switch on in the coach. Plug in the coach and see that it is charging. Get back with the results.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #3

Call your dealer and get those babes changed out under warranty. The warranty is prorated by years. If they bulk push hard.

If you do buy new batteries buy name brand and trade them in at the end of every season under warranty. That way you have new batteries, I do it for my rv and boat. Sam club loves me
ravenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #4

ravemike...thanks...will note for future.

370XL...I opened the battery area under steps at entrance of coach. There is a "fuse center" with a bunch of fuses in it...but I don't see any reset switch. Should I look somewhere else?

Also..assuming I find it...just making sure that the "12 volt switch" in the coach..is that the disconect switch to shut off battery power when in storage located at entrance?

I have service scheduled at a sister location, in Orlando FL, of the dealer we purchased from...so I presume they can figure this out and fix during the week I plan to leave it there while at Disney with the family...however it would be nice to have this fixed for our trip down so don't need to constantly use the generator.

Thanks all.
bfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #5

Battery charge

The reset relay does not look like it has a reset button. The button is a very little rubber covered bump out on the relay. the relay is square. It is in line with the red battery cable going into the battery box from the rear of the coach land line compartment. The power switch inside the coach is as you describe, a rocker switch that lights when on to power the 12volt circuit. If this switch is not on your batteries will not charge no matter if the coach is plugged in and the switch is lit. You got to turn the switch on. Also when your coach is not in use and the 12volt switch is on turn off the switch to the propane. This eats up electric quickly like as if you left two lamps on.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery