Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #1

Getting Parts

I have had the unfortunate experience of having an accident with my 2010 Salem travel trailer and now need it fixed. I took it to the dealer on Monday and now on Wed afternoon am still waiting for an estimate. After just talking to the dealer again today I am a little confused on why it would take 2 days to just get a price on parts from the dealer.
markkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #2

Why couldn't they go directly to Forest River and get the prices/parts from them? In all likely hood, the dealer will probably be getting the parts from Forest River anyway.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #3

Its is an insurance claim and you would think the factory would respond to the deals quicker that the public.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #4

The problem isn't the dealer it is the factory not getting back to the dealer on the cost of parts
Old 07-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #5

Markkas, the problem IS your dealer not FR. This is very common with RV repair I assure you and I have heard it from owners of ALL rvs. The dealer is placing the blame for their poor service on the manufacturer. I would not depend on a dealer service department to fix your rig correctly. Find an independant RV collision repair facility. Even Camping World now has RV collision shops in some areas. Our rig was delivered with damage to the front lower right corner because the delivery driver hit a cement stantion at a toll booth. It was fixed quickly and like new at a normal automotive body shop. For more serious damage there are independant RV places that will be a lot more attentive to you than an RV dealer.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #6

I agree with NWJeeper. It ain't FR. It's your dealer.........
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #7

parts

Does anyone have the email adress for forestriver parts I need something for my Rockwood popup.
Rabidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
Does anyone have the email adress for forestriver parts I need something for my Rockwood popup.
Call Cindy, at 574-642-2640 , in the Rockwood/Flagstaff parts dept. She's very helpful and busy. You may have to leave a message. She WILL return your call. She'll need you VIN number, so have it ready when calling.
Her email address is cdahm@forestriverinc.com

If she's not the correct person to talk to about Pop-Ups, she can give you information on who to contact.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote