Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2022, 05:17 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 48
Glue for flooring?

I have a 2020 Salem and the vinyl flooring was damaged. It is now peeling up and it appears like there is no glue holding it down at all. What kind of glue should I use to repair it and hold it down?
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 356
You need to know the type of backing on the vinyl before you use any glue. If you use the wrong type of glue, it could cause "plasticizer migration" which could result in stains and or irreparable damage to the vinyl.

They have been utilizing a perimeter glue process on many vinyl floors these days. Much faster to install, especially when they are working on the flat floor with no walls built yet.
__________________
Marc in sunny California
2013 Crusader 260 RLD
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #3
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 5,103
Had a small tear in floor. I cut out the tear and removed a piece of loose vinyl from under the kitchen cabinet to patch where the tear was cut out. Used this to glue the patch to the floor:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RH-Adhesi...lear/210928995

The blended the edges of the patch to the floor vinyl with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-61Z...59160739&psc=1

Worked great. Looks like a short plank in the floor.
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 932
buy a can of ,,,3M SUPER 90 SPRAY ADHESIVE. follow directions on can. you can , not let it set up it will dry and adhere perfect ,just put some weight on it for a few hours.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 12:37 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 7
Gorilla super glue non expanding.
U can waste ur money figuring out the correct glue but i install flooring and It might be easier to super glue the edges down. Go get a big bottle and bam
Khtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khtie View Post
Gorilla super glue non expanding.
U can waste ur money figuring out the correct glue but i install flooring and It might be easier to super glue the edges down. Go get a big bottle and bam
Just want to make sure that glue doesn't bleed some color through the vinyl
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Had a small tear in floor. I cut out the tear and removed a piece of loose vinyl from under the kitchen cabinet to patch where the tear was cut out. Used this to glue the patch to the floor:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RH-Adhesi...lear/210928995

The blended the edges of the patch to the floor vinyl with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Performix-61Z...59160739&psc=1

Worked great. Looks like a short plank in the floor.
Got any pictures of the finished product?
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
You need to know the type of backing on the vinyl before you use any glue. If you use the wrong type of glue, it could cause "plasticizer migration" which could result in stains and or irreparable damage to the vinyl.

They have been utilizing a perimeter glue process on many vinyl floors these days. Much faster to install, especially when they are working on the flat floor with no walls built yet.
I can tell they just used glue around the parameter of mine and it must be the wrong kind because there is a yellowing color coming through in multiple area's around the parameter.
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 356
With the supply chain issues, even flooring adhesives have been affected. I know our purchases that used to ship in a day or so, now can be delayed one or two weeks. Manufacturers can't get the chemicals they need to make it. It ships on trucks from SoCal, so not a port/container issue, just a raw material issue.
__________________
Marc in sunny California
2013 Crusader 260 RLD
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 11:54 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
With the supply chain issues, even flooring adhesives have been affected. I know our purchases that used to ship in a day or so, now can be delayed one or two weeks. Manufacturers can't get the chemicals they need to make it. It ships on trucks from SoCal, so not a port/container issue, just a raw material issue.
My unit is a 2020 and I think it was actually manufactured in Oct 2019, so it was built before the pandemic. In my opinion forest river builds an extremely cheap and low quality camper. I've had so many issues with mine... I guess the good news is I bought it in May 2020 before the prices of these things skyrocketed. I can't imagine how I would feel if I paid $40k for this thing...
DeanHensler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
floor, flooring

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.