RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
JustB_Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFX450RXC View Post
I have G614s on my toy hauler. I have been extremely pleased with them. But if these new Endurance tires do well, I'd have no problem going with a set on future campers. I like the weight rating.

Does anyone know the speed rating? I do like the peace of mind if I'm doing over 65 mph on the interstates and not worrying about surpassing what the tires are rated for.
Speed Rating is N which is listed as 87 MPH
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
JustB_Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
You 16" boys have options...us 15" boy/girls have been SOL unless you put LT tires on it.... and then??
Try only having 14's!
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #23
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,552
Gotta give Goodyear a +++ for creating more USA jobs. Made in Gadsden, AL, alongside the G614. It would be interesting if someone could set up a factory tour during BamaGanza in October.
__________________
2018 Forester 3051S (aka Clyde)
2015 Wrangler Toad (aka Bonnie)

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 6,061
The E rating on these can't be 4,080 lbs unless someone changed the entire rating system........and not at 80 psi.

Something is amiss.

I emailed the guy who is going to do my disc brakes next month and asked him, since he also sells tires and wheels.........and this is his reply:

I am not sure how they are doing this. RMA is the tire industry governing body on load, inflation, speed and dimensions. The LT 235/85R16 G at ST speeds will carry the 4,080 lbs. Many LT tires have been reclassified as ST tires with no change in construction carrying the 4,080 lbs. at 110 psi.

I have no idea how a load range E, ST tire can carry the same load. The N speed rating is lower than the R speed rating on the G614.

There may be some RMA changes that I am not aware of.
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
Try only having 14's!
LOL point taken and noted
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:12 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
JustB_Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
LOL point taken and noted
I have found a couple manufacturers that make Load D tires in 14's and now I can add this one to the list as a higher weight tire.

The best one I had found up to now was a Gladiator 215/75/14 Load D Speed N. Kenda and Carlisle both make D's but their speed limited to 65.
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
The E rating on these can't be 4,080 lbs unless someone changed the entire rating system........and not at 80 psi.

Something is amiss.

I emailed the guy who is going to do my disc brakes next month and asked him, since he also sells tires and wheels.........and this is his reply:

I am not sure how they are doing this. RMA is the tire industry governing body on load, inflation, speed and dimensions. The LT 235/85R16 G at ST speeds will carry the 4,080 lbs. Many LT tires have been reclassified as ST tires with no change in construction carrying the 4,080 lbs. at 110 psi.

I have no idea how a load range E, ST tire can carry the same load. The N speed rating is lower than the R speed rating on the G614.

There may be some RMA changes that I am not aware of.
I agree. Someone, maybe even Goodyear, has published bad information. No way GY is selling a $125 load range e tire that carries more weight than their own load range g G614 which is a $300 tire.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:59 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgas View Post
I agree. Someone, maybe even Goodyear, has published bad information. No way GY is selling a $125 load range e tire that carries more weight than their own load range g G614 which is a $300 tire.
See post #5. The ST 255/85R16 is $192 / each.
__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-
2011 Coachmen Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
ACE110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Gotta give Goodyear a +++ for creating more USA jobs. Made in Gadsden, AL, alongside the G614. It would be interesting if someone could set up a factory tour during BamaGanza in October.
X2

BamaBob?
__________________
2012 Forest River Wildcat 313RE
2018 GMC Sierra/Denali 2500 HD Duramax
Demco Hijacker 18K Autoslide Hitch
ACE110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:52 AM   #30
Blog: RVroadtripper.com
 
hbillsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Near Dallas Texas
Posts: 986
Tire Rack Endurance Spec Table

Click the link and then at the Tire Rack website, scroll down until you see the Description paragraph. Just above that paragraph is a menu bar that says "Description Sizes Specs Warranty", just click on "Specs" to see the table. Also you can scroll up/down within the table to see various sizes.

Link is to Tire Rack's site that has the specs for all different GY Endurance sizes. I note that the 235/80/R16 E size that my Wildcat has is similar in spec to my Maxxis.

A couple of examples:
235/80/R16 E load rated 3420 at 80psi and tire weighs 40 pounds tread width 6.8" . Goodyear Speed Rated "N" 87mph.
255/85/R16 E load rated 4080 at 80psi and tire weight 51 pounds tread width 7.0" . Goodyear Speed Rated "N" 87mph.
__________________
2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by btritschler1437 View Post
Tire Rack wants $192.00 per tire. Load capacity 4,080lbs; "E" rated; 80psi; tire weight 51lbs. County of origin U.S.A.
I checked on my tire size 245/80R-16. Discount tire is $175.00 each while Tire Rack is 177.13. with shipping. Customer pick up I'll save $28.14 shipping per tire. Lucky for me Tire Rack is about 1 1/2 hours away so I can save over $100.00. Worth the ride.
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
I bought a set of 5 in 235/80 R16's from Discount and got them mounted yesterday, they were $149 but then there was taxes and all the other stuff.
__________________
2011 GMC Duramax/Allison
2013 Puma 356QLB
Days Camped 33
Miles 6450
Super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:03 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 3,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustB_Rad View Post
I have found a couple manufacturers that make Load D tires in 14's and now I can add this one to the list as a higher weight tire.

The best one I had found up to now was a Gladiator 215/75/14 Load D Speed N. Kenda and Carlisle both make D's but their speed limited to 65.
I have been feeling your pain with the 14 tires. I got a little excited when I saw (i think i saw) that they have a 205/75/R14 that is a D range tire. I just could not find a speed rating for it.

I do not need the D's but three things are haunting me. Can my factory aluminum rims handle more than 50psi, finding the speed range and the fact I just put Marathons on 1100 miles ago.

I would consider selling them to some lawn service and going a little deeper in debt. What do you know about the rims and think otherwise?
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2017 Flagstaff Super Lite 526RLWS
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
dannyabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
I have been feeling your pain with the 14 tires. I got a little excited when I saw (i think i saw) that they have a 205/75/R14 that is a D range tire. I just could not find a speed rating for it.

I do not need the D's but three things are haunting me. Can my factory aluminum rims handle more than 50psi, finding the speed range and the fact I just put Marathons on 1100 miles ago.

I would consider selling them to some lawn service and going a little deeper in debt. What do you know about the rims and think otherwise?
Hankook RA08 in 195R14 is D rated, 99 mph, and carries more than 2100# each; 3 Years on this set with o problems
__________________
Danny & Darlene
2002 Silverado 1500HD
2014 Rockwood 2703WS 'Emerald Pkg'
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 71
What has price got to do with it? Do you want a good tire or a cheap tire, you can't have both...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
That really sounds Great but what about the Price?? is it going to be Price Competitive in that market
okietom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
Hankook RA08 in 195R14 is D rated, 99 mph, and carries more than 2100# each; 3 Years on this set with o problems


I second the RA08...
__________________
2016 Flagstaff 27VRL with overloaded tires from factory
2015 Chevy Silverado
Paul GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #37
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 17,521
Well looks like I'll be buying some this year. Good year makes all the NASCAR tires so I see no worry about buying made in USA from Good year tt tires. I presently have Goodyear now and they have served me well even if made in China. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
WolfWhistle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,275
These new GYs.... looked at Discount Tires... special order (0 on hand, in my neck of the woods) $121... for the one I was looking at... you can get them in a 225 75 15... in an E1 rated tire... Maxxis has that as well. To go to LTs with enough capacity, I would otherwise how to upgrade to 16" wheels. Nice to not have to.
WW
__________________
Hyper Lite was sold

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:40 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
These new GYs.... looked at Discount Tires... special order (0 on hand, in my neck of the woods) $121... for the one I was looking at... you can get them in a 225 75 15... in an E1 rated tire... Maxxis has that as well. To go to LTs with enough capacity, I would otherwise how to upgrade to 16" wheels. Nice to not have to.
WW
When I bought mine that is what it said but when I went in he made a phone call and the person he was talking to said they would have them there that afternoon. They called me about 4 pm and told me there were there.
__________________
2011 GMC Duramax/Allison
2013 Puma 356QLB
Days Camped 33
Miles 6450
Super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:57 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 3,823
I'll give you guys a few years to test these. I recall too much about GY Marathon reports. I'll probably have 1 more set of Carlisle before or IF I change. I've been running Carlisle RH and HD for many years and many miles. Not about to pay to test for GY but have very high hopes for the product.
__________________
2019 Montana 3761 FL
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 LB Dually
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire, trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.