Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #1

Grey water sensor trouble

I have a 98 coachmen camper.its a 16 footer.if you need more info I can go find the title. When 2 people take a short shower the tank goes from e to full.its not full. I noticed a rat chewed the wires off. I’m pretty sure they are all in the correct place now. I know I can run 3 days heavy using water on the tank. I have seen some people talking about a resistor pack of something.i don’t have any.i do on my sewage tank but not on grey water. What do I need to do to solve the problem.

Thanks
Huntingdeer31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:24 PM   #2

Well.... you could ignore the problem. Tanks sensors are usually inaccurate anyway.

When the grey water is close to full, you should hear it in the shower drain. If it's full, the water will come up in the shower drain.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:29 PM   #3

Yea I’ve had that happen lol.i like everything to work.
Huntingdeer31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #4

He has links to the manufactures website and an install video below in the video.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingdeer31 View Post
I have a 98 coachmen camper.its a 16 footer.if you need more info I can go find the title. When 2 people take a short shower the tank goes from e to full.its not full. I noticed a rat chewed the wires off. I’m pretty sure they are all in the correct place now. I know I can run 3 days heavy using water on the tank. I have seen some people talking about a resistor pack of something.i don’t have any.i do on my sewage tank but not on grey water. What do I need to do to solve the problem.

Thanks
Step 1; shoot the rat.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

CincyGus is absolutely right. I converted to the See Level system a few years ago and couldn't be happier. One of the very best upgrades I've done.

The sensors are on the OUTSIDE of the tank, I did it myself. No more errors, no more guessing, "Just the Facts Ma'am..."
Old 04-12-2020, 12:31 AM   #7
Maintenance Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post

He has links to the manufactures website and an install video below in the video.
If only they made an app so you could use that from your phone and not even have to mount a control panel anywhere.
Ampdraw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey water, water