Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #1

Grill

I just purchased a 2017 Salem Cruise Lite and took her out last weekend. I used the propane grill attached to the rest bumper. The grill is in rough shape. The metal inside is very deteriorated. My question is do I have to replace it with the same model or is there a better grill to use?
TexasRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #2

IMO, there is a way to attach any grill you wanted back there. You may need to fabricate a bracket or two. The grills that come with most campers are very light weight and wont last long. I have a coleman road trip that I will likely take the place of the grill that came with our Hemisphere. I am planning on drilling a few holes and using u bolts to attach to swing arm.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #3

Blackstone 17" ... do a search lots of us like it and use it ....
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #4

I replaced my original equipment rear bumper mount grill this year. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did and I was never wild about it from day 1 (hard to clean, the grease tray was a joke). The one I purchased is the Aussie Grill (just do a search on Google) from Patrick Industries. Is a direct replacement low pressure grill of much higher quality and design. Been extremely pleased. Only downside is the mounting bracket as it doesn't fold flat like the one for the original grill so the bracket takes up more room.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
Retired Old Fart

Usually mounting of anything on the rear is a matter of weight and leverage. As long as the replacement is similar in weight and does not extend further to the rear, I would think it would be fine. You basically want to keep the forces on the bumper and frame the same or less.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I just purchased a 2017 Salem Cruise Lite and took her out last weekend. I used the propane grill attached to the rest bumper. The grill is in rough shape. The metal inside is very deteriorated. My question is do I have to replace it with the same model or is there a better grill to use?

Just purchased a Blackstone 22” grille, hard cover and stand for $150. I highly recommend you check this grille out...
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grill