Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #1

HD Satellite TV Reception

I searched and did not find anything elsewhere. I have dishnetwork TV at home and the "infamous" extra Sat Receiver in the "shop" AKA "RV". I have a single LNB dish and a dish 500 with dual LNBs. When I enter zip codes to get the azimuth, angles, etc. it shows data for the 61.5 satellite and the others [110, 119, etc]. My question, can I use the single dish, point at the 61.5 and get HD programming or do I need the 1000 dish? I would have to purchase/locate a larger dish and it will be a "bugger" to carry along on camping trips. The "rv" sat receiver is an HD receiver bought on ebay and the TV is HD also.
Thanks,
Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 AM   #2

I have Directv and I believe that you need the larger dish for the HD programming.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Yes you will need an HD Dish in order to receive HD Programming.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #4

HD Dish

Exactly which dish do I need? and will I be pointing it to the 61.5 SAT? How difficult is it to point. Are those domes I saw at Camping World HD dishes?
Thanks,
Old 07-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #5

I have Direct TV with HD at home. The TT has a HD TV so I wanted HD while camping. I bought a dish like I have on the house off ebay and built a PVC mount and take the receiver from the patio with me. It takes about 10 minutes to set up and aquire the satillites. My mount is very low to the ground and the front legs are full of lead. At Lajitas we had a very strong storm come through, the next morning my neighbors small dish and trypod were on the ground with a broken feed arm my bigger dish had not moved. I turned the TV on and still had satillite.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneowens1 View Post
Exactly which dish do I need? and will I be pointing it to the 61.5 SAT? How difficult is it to point. Are those domes I saw at Camping World HD dishes?
Thanks,
There are domes sold for HD Satellite reception. You need to make sure it's for Dish Network HDTV. There are still domes that are for plain satellite reception.

Winegard RoadTrip MiniMax Automatic Stationary Satellite TV Antennas - Product - Camping World

Looks like they're on sale.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tv reception