Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #1

heading down the road

Nov 3rd we head down the road to Millersburg to the Forest River repair facility. For us it will be a significant journey, about 1600 miles each way; and it's November!!! This'll be about a three week adventure, assuming the repairs only take a week. Any way, to the question. We only camp locally, meaning no more than 2-300 miles from home. We have the usual repair stuff for the normal mishaps like a flat tire or burnt out lights but for this trip we are wondering if we should be taking any thing else. We have a pretty good tool kit, small compressor and our other usual stuff. So is there anything else we might want? The navigation stuff is being handled by CAA maps, 2 X GPS`s, 2 X cell phones, assorted tablets and a lap top. So we shouldn't get lost, eh.
Looking forward to the trip...... so long as it dosen't snow!!!
2011 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 2wd Hemi 3:55 gear
Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2604WS
maggiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Plain Old Member

You shouldn't run into this issue, but most all the campgrounds we went to up there in the off season didn't have the water on. Just power. We were forewarned by the places we called though, SO, we obtained some potable water jugs. Luckily, there was an ambulance place next the one of the campgrounds we stayed at that had a water supply, so, 2 - 5 gallon jugs at a time, we'd go fill up the jugs, then back to the campground to fill the water tank. A funnel was necessary as well, which we did have. We were in a motorhome, so getting it in their lot was not an option to fill the tank. Filling the tank on the trip there was not an option due to weight.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

re: heading down the road

Good point. We didn't consider campgrounds for the trek. Because of the time of year, the repair facility requires the trailer to be "winterized". So this trip will be with a completely empty unit that is fully winerized. All our stuff has been removed to facilitate the floor replacement that will be starting Nov 10th.
So we will have a travel trailer attached to a nice truck hauled up to a motel room every night. Seems kind of disloyal or something.
2011 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 2wd Hemi 3:55 gear
Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2604WS
maggiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #4
Plain Old Member

Ahh. No worries then. Always feels weird pulling up at a motel with an RV. We've done it a few times for various reasons. Sounds like you've got it covered. Hope yall have a safe trip, and have a good time even though it's for repairs. We've been on 2 factory returns with 2 different motorhomes, and if nothing else, I left more educated. I wanted to stay with the rig the whole time, but, to keep my sanity, and theirs, I had to go do other things in the area to pass the time. Made the best out of the to / from trip as well. It was 1100 miles one way for us.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote