Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #1

help a newbie please

I have hardly any water pressure in the toilet. I have a 2010 Georgetown. I have no knowledge of any of this. So I will need step by step instructions. I have been using a glass of water but thought I would check with you all if you have a clue what a idiot could do to fix this.
crochetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #2

First thing I would do is verify you have water to the toilet and that the tubing isn't clogged. It means you need to unscrew the fitting going into the back of the toilet to disconnect the hose. Have several towels handy, have someone turn on the water by turning on the water pump or the outside water connection and make sure they can hear you yell to turn it off as you don't want a total flood if you do have water there. If you only get a trickle of water then you don't have any supply and you likely have a plugged line, if you do then it will be in the flush valve on the toilet.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #3

Crochetlady, where are you!?!? You had so many problems and were sounding so frustrated. Please let us know how all this turned out. It really sounded like you purchased from someone that failed to give you proper orientation. Hope all is well..!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #4

Finally Home

Made it home and taking it in to be worked on. I swear if you are not mechanically inclined you are pretty well screwed in a RV. I appreciate all your help. I finally got a few things working but the rest, like the furnace and AC not working. Plus the toilet flush not working. I called them today and told them there was a list of things that needed fixed and they are going to fix it all. Guess it just happens sometimes. When I said I was a newbie I meant it. I only know how to fill the tank. But I can now set up like a pro. So I learned something. Just want all the quirks fixed and I will be ready to go again. Loved my trip to SD anyway. Beautiful up there. i plan on going there again to just relax. Again thank all of you for your help.
crochetlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #5

Thanks for responding, was worried about ya.! Please post the fixes for the issues you had in the appropriate threads that you started, because it will help all those who may have same problems sometime in the future.