Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2022, 12:11 PM   #1
Growing Older But Not Up

Holding tank digital display

Ok so bear with me, because some people on these forms don’t think newbies should ask questions. On the holding tank display inside my rig, 2004 Forrest river sunseeker, there is a pump toggle switch ??? Is this for simply pumping out the tanks, gray, black? Is it for all of them ? I know on a boat I used to own there was a masarator pump. What does your he rv pump, pump ? An when to use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03F93024-A447-4024-AEBC-DF3BAF2490A2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	273586  
Stevej3658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:16 PM   #2

Most likely your water pump... used to provide water pressure from the fresh tank to your water outlets (sink, shower, toilet, etc).

Note that the tank display also displays FRESH water tank level, too (as well as battery level).
Rhumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #3

I'm not familiar with your specific model but initially I'd think that it's for the water pump which is needed when you're not connected to city water. (Of course you need to have water in your fresh water tank as well.)
Old 05-20-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevej3658 View Post
Ok so bear with me, because some people on these forms don’t think newbies should ask questions. On the holding tank display inside my rig, 2004 Forrest river sunseeker, there is a pump toggle switch ??? Is this for simply pumping out the tanks, gray, black? Is it for all of them ? I know on a boat I used to own there was a masarator pump. What does your he rv pump, pump ? An when to use it.
Fresh water tank pump

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 10:56 PM   #5

Agree that this would operate your water pump.

A small thing, but that's a rocker switch, not a toggle.

While some RVs have macerator pumps for the black and grey tanks, a switch to operate a macerator should be located where you could monitor progress...near the dump connection.

On those led monitors...they are notoriously inaccurate... especially the black tank monitor. Press and hold the labeled "button" and you get a crude reading of the status of your fresh water, grey water, and black water tanks... and your battery. But all that stuff in the black tank tends to confuse the primitive sensors. Thorough cleaning of the black tank helps. Since the other tanks are cleaner water, the sensors work better.

If in doubt, you can turn off the water supply and look down the toilet to check the status of your black tank.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:28 PM   #6

Seems like you have received or read some less than kind replies on the forums, Steve. I'm sorry you have experienced that. My experience has been different. Hopefully the fast, accurate, informative replies you have received to this post will give you a better feeling about the folks here. I didn't notice any snarkiness or sarcasm in the replies. There's lots of good, helpful people on the forums and I've benefited greatly in the 4 years I've been a member. Cheers!
MarkPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #7
Growing Older But Not Up

Thanks Mark. Not on this post but some in the past got some not so welcoming comments, actually just from 1 person, but you know what they say there always 1 in every crowd ��
Stevej3658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:28 PM   #8

Holding tank digital display

Won’t find many of those here Steve. Most of us remember what it was like not knowing things when we started this hobby.

This site has been great for the knowledge and willingness to share to those that are still learning.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:20 PM   #9

There was a discussion about testing the pressure relief valve on the water heater. I asked how simply lifting the latch was testing the valve because it did not test at what pressure the valve would open. Someone else replied it wasn't checking the calibration of the valve, only that it was not frozen and capable of being opened. Aha moment there! It may have seemed like a dumb question but the simple answer simply told me what the purpose of that test was.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank