Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #1

How to access hot water heater in Sunseeker 2900?

Hi Forum Folks-
Looking for some guidance with respect to a 2013 Sunseeker 2900. (Really appreciate all the great info on this site! Just picked up new-for-us RV, drove north & needed to winterize unit asap.) Found lots of winterizing info on-line but problem is am having trouble getting to hot water heater & bypass switch. (contacted FR reps & they indicated to remove panel under galley but there is none in this unit) The kitchen setup is in an L shaped configuration, with only slide out drawers in base. It seems crazy to have to disassemble drawers to reach bypass switch. Does anyone know if the drawers come out some way? Hate to have to unscrew them every time I need to winterize & de-winterize. Have no owner's manual & had no luck trying to get one from FR. Any experience with this or suggestions?
New Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #2

Not really.

For example mine has a fake panel that is screwed on just under the fridge, I have to lay down and reach way back to turn the valves.

Some are located under a bench seat or even behind a false panel in the pantry.

As for the drawer look at the slide rail should be a tab that needs to be pushed in or up.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

Ford Idaho-

Thanks for quick reply-. We have no removable panels from what we see. Solid wall behind dinette bench that backs up to the sink. Played with drawer slides last night, trying to see if they'd unlatch but had no luck. Will look again. Hopefully another 2900 owner out there might see this who has the identical set up.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

Pics would be helpful. Locate your water heater on the outside of the coach, then take a pic of what is on the inside at the same location.
BooHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #5

I understand your frustration.

You are looking for 2-4 screws that likely will have a screw head like this.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #6

To remove drawers, pull the drawer all the way out, about half way down the rail there will be a small plastic lever. If I remember correctly, the right rail lever pushes up, left lever pushes down (may have it backwards). push the levers as you give drawer a little tug outwards. should unlock the rails to remove the drawer.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:28 PM   #7

BooHyde-

Appreciate response. I can see where heater is and last night was able to reach in & turn 1 valve but can't see clearly enough- or reach easily- to see rest of valves. Again, problem is with drawer removal, which I'm questioning whether I need to disassemble to gain access.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #8

Drawer removal

I have a Sunseeker class C but was frustrated with drawer removal as well. Finally found the thin black release levers in the FRONT of the rails. As mentioned already, one needed to be moved upward, the other downward.

They really don't look like they are meant to do anything but hide their true function from you.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #9

BooHyde- Bingo! In the light of day, took your suggestion exactly as you stated. Worked well! Thanks for the assist!
Old 03-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

Glad to help.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #11

Most drawers are removed by opening all the way,,, and lifting slightly !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, hot water, sunseeker, water, water heater