Old 05-15-2020, 10:34 AM   #1

How to turn off Ever Chill Refrigerator

I just purchased a new 2020 Forrest River Wildwood 171RBXL. During the walkthrough, I was told there is no way to turn off the refrigerator. The brand is Ever-Chill. It runs on 12v only, not gas or 110v. It runs all of the time if the battery is supplying power to the rig, and I can not find a way to turn it off. Of course, using the battery cutoff stops the refrigerator but it also kills the lights and everything else. It is a nice big refrigerator that cools great and I love it other than not being able to turn it off. Does anyone out there have experience with this brand or suggestions on how to turn it off? I've already tried turning both the freezer and refrigerator temperatures to their lowest setting and that didn't work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200514_195225.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	229120  

bobneal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #2

The same question was already discussed in several threads. Here is one: https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ge-199596.html That thread has links to more previous threads. There is probably no point in starting all over with another new thread.

If I had this refrigerator, I would immediately install a switch in the 12 volt wire supplying power to the refrigerator. I can’t understand how RV manufacturer engineers can miss important details like this.

Old 05-15-2020, 01:49 PM   #3

Thank you BehindBars. There was some really interesting reading there. For now, I have just pulled the fuse. I'll see how that works.
bobneal69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator