Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #21

I know something like this can really eat on you but I would just make sure the roof is sealed with the proper sealants (which you have done) and then monitor the interior to see if the problem escalates or is stable. From what I can see from the interior photos no one will even notice it unless you point it out. Don't point it out! That is the difficult part. Lol
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #22
AMG

4/12 I dropped my trailer off. I picked it up today 9/12. 5 months it was at the dealer. For the first 3 months or so they didnt do anything. Then they ordered the parts and some parts finally came and were wrong (true, I validated). Then they had to deal with FR directly, who said the walls were no longer manufactured (true, I called FR). FR helped out from the manufacturer and they got the walls finally. They came in last Tuesday and they called me yesterday for pick-up.

The water had rotted the 2x4 support, which they replaced (which you see in the photo in the middle, a new 2x4) They replaced the ceiling and wall pieces, the joining tape, and put in the 1/4 round trim to keep it clean (the brown line, which looks OK to me).

It is solid and sealed. I am personally going to run 4" EternaBond Tape across the entire trailer before winter. It will ensure this wont happen anywhere else anytime in the near future.

The dealer covered the whole thing, $0 to me. they were polite, and I think the work was done well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ba1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	151296   Click image for larger version

Name:	ba2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	151297   Click image for larger version

Name:	ba3.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	151298   Click image for larger version

Name:	ba4.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	151299   Click image for larger version

Name:	ba5.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	151300  

Old 09-13-2017, 04:15 AM   #23

Thank you for the follow up, glad the dealer covered the repair for you.
So, was the new 2x4 that was replaced in the same spot that you found on the outside?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:16 AM   #24
AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
Thank you for the follow up, glad the dealer covered the repair for you.

So, was the new 2x4 that was replaced in the same spot that you found on the outside?

Yes. The exact spot inside where the soggy wall and ceiling, which was exactly the same spot outside too. The water didn’t travel anywhere other than in and down.

I’m glad it’s fixed. But really am going to eternabond this thing so it’s for sure not going to happen again anytime soon
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
Looking really close as that exact area on the roof I think I see a concern where the rubber roof stuff meets the black frame. Slight gap that I don't see elsewhere. I will fill the area in with silicone sealant well. It isn't going to fix the inside visual issue or any potential issues with what's under the visual. But hopefully stop it from occurring again. Just hoping.

Attachment 130325
Attachment 130326
Thats where my 2009 Cherokee leaked on both sides. They chalked the top of the rain gutter, they also chalked the bottom, so any water that gets in has no place to run except inside the trailer
NorminN.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:38 AM   #26
AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorminN.B. View Post
Thats where my 2009 Cherokee leaked on both sides. They chalked the top of the rain gutter, they also chalked the bottom, so any water that gets in has no place to run except inside the trailer
Unfortunate for you too. I really think the EternaBond tape is going to wrap from the top, down over the corner, then over the metal stripping (where the rubber roof meets, and where the leak was), and cover all, so that the leak isnt even possible. I just need to get it done.

Similar to this google image search, but different coach n all
Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 AM   #27

I put Dicor self leveling chalk on the top sides of the gutter and also covered the screw heads on the gutter as there isn't a cover over them. Mine prob leaked longer than yours as the chip board under the rubber roof was swelled up quite a bit and the old chalk was lifted quite a bit. I stripped the ceiling, as it was leaking around the skylight and I couldnt find the leak. It was running from the outside wall to the skylight. Now cant get the ceiling panel to match. Forest river discontinued it. The tape should do a good job, and I might do that if the dicor doesnt work.
NorminN.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #28
AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorminN.B. View Post
I put Dicor self leveling chalk on the top sides of the gutter and also covered the screw heads on the gutter as there isn't a cover over them. Mine prob leaked longer than yours as the chip board under the rubber roof was swelled up quite a bit and the old chalk was lifted quite a bit. I stripped the ceiling, as it was leaking around the skylight and I couldnt find the leak. It was running from the outside wall to the skylight. Now cant get the ceiling panel to match. Forest river discontinued it. The tape should do a good job, and I might do that if the dicor doesnt work.

Mine is a 2016 and I was told the manufacturer discontinued it too. My coach has been a nightmare and it took a lot of back and forth with FR/my dealer/the mfgr. I think they made the panels for me one off due to pressure from FR. No idea but glad it finally happened. Now to ensure it doesn’t leak again so I don’t have to deal w this again.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG View Post
Mine is a 2016 and I was told the manufacturer discontinued it too. My coach has been a nightmare and it took a lot of back and forth with FR/my dealer/the mfgr. I think they made the panels for me one off due to pressure from FR. No idea but glad it finally happened. Now to ensure it doesn’t leak again so I don’t have to deal w this again.
When I was repairing some issue's in the cargo area of my Stealth, I contacted FR trying to get some of the wallpaper that mine had. I was told that they use a different company to make the wallpaper and panel, which is unique to each year. In order to get that, through a dealer, they would have to "research" the design used via the vin# and order new panel's from the company that made them. Now I know some of the reason for delays, you to the dealer, to FR, to the company that makes the pattern and now has to do a one off panel, to FR, to the dealer, to you.

I color matched some paint to the wallpaper and it actually looks pretty good. Then again, it is in a cargo area.

Mark
Wileykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:55 PM   #30
AMG

I did this a few weeks ago, but went to my TH today and remembered this post, so I got on the roof and took pics. It's pretty much impossible for me to have a leak on the perimeter of the roof on all 4 corners now. I haven't taken care of the vents and such, but I will. It was really quite an easy install for the Eternabond. I used some acetone, a few rags, and had 2 people doing this. That stuff is insane how it sticks and wont come off. Seriously dont mess around, and should be a 2-person job if you expect straight lines and want it to be quicker/easier.

It wraps over the black track by like 1/2". Yes, if I ever had to take that off, I would need to take off the eternabond tape. I dont expect that for a long time/if-ever. So here you go..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ab2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	154043   Click image for larger version

Name:	ab3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	154044   Click image for larger version

Name:	ab1.jpg
Views:	90