Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #1

Hydraulic Jacks - Pull Check

Everyone that I have talked to and YouTube videos indicate that a tug or a pool check should be accomplished prior to departing the RV park. That this is a safety check.

I have a 2021 Cedar Creek Hathaway 36CK2. I do not know how to raise both front jacks slightly off the ground so I can do a pull or tug check.

My outside control pad does not show a selection to raise or lower both right and front jacks to the same height. I have tried to lift both front jacks off the ground to the same height.

The LCI quick level touch panel present on my fifth wheel is Lippert Camper Jack-LC74FR (see Etrailer web site for photo).

I asked the service center of my dealer to show me how to do this. They said it is not possible and just rely on the the hitch indicator. (I have a Reese M5 20k 5th wheel hitch.

So, can anyone explain or show me how to lift both front jacks just slightly off the ground please.
Barbnphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #2
Site Team

You should be able to use the up and down arrows to raise the rams just off the ground so you can do the pull test. It really doesn't matter if all the jacks are almost down. They just need to be a little off the ground.

Tags
check, hydraulic, jacks