Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2020, 07:43 PM   #21

Call this guy he will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
Well, our trailer that we bought new in January 2019 has been in the shop for numerous issues. The latest is there is a stress crack in the front windshield. Our dealer took photos and sent them to Forest River back in the first part of December. Forest River approved the repair and twice have sent our dealer an e-mail stating the windshield is in transit with a delivery date. We waited and waited and it never arrived. Twice the dealer called Forest River to check on it and Forest River twice told our dealer that they received notice from so and so at the dealer to cancel the order. Our dealer says that they do not have anyone by that name working at the dealership that Forest River said cancelled the order. The dealer has had to reorder the windshield twice (3 times total). Forest River did the same thing 8 months ago when we had to get our paint-peeling and rusting stabilizer jacks replaced. It took 3 tries for our dealer to get the jacks.

Forest River also approved to replace the shower miser tube over 2 weeks ago, but the dealer has not received it yet. So the dealer knew we were leaving this weekend on a long trip and instead of replacing the shower miser tube, they just put an old cut off of PVC pipe in and it looks terrible. I mean, we could have done that ourselves. I don't even know if it's going to hold up.

What gives????? Does Forest River think if they keep stringing us along that we will finally give up? Why are they treating our dealer so shabbily? I really like our trailer and want to use it, but it's so frustrating when things keep breaking and then we can't get them fixed.

Has anyone else had these problems? Do you know of anyone at Forest River that I could call?

And to those of you that want to tell me that I need to get out my tools and fix everything myself, or I should have caught all the issues during the our initial walk-through, or how you have NEVER had any issues with your trailer and it's the best thing since sliced bread, please don't bother as that is not at all helpful.
call this guy at Forrest river he will take good care of you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32BEB6AF-BABC-463F-B9E6-1FF0F763BCBA.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	223916   Click image for larger version

Name:	F387284A-F7BE-479B-B082-C0931C3D3D19.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	389.4 KB
ID:	223917  
Nascardad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #22
Sue

Quote:
Well, our trailer that we bought new in January 2019 has been in the shop for numerous issues. The latest is there is a stress crack in the front windshield. Our dealer took photos and sent them to Forest River back in the first part of December. Forest River approved the repair and twice have sent our dealer an e-mail stating the windshield is in transit with a delivery date. We waited and waited and it never arrived. Twice the dealer called Forest River to check on it and Forest River twice told our dealer that they received notice from so and so at the dealer to cancel the order. Our dealer says that they do not have anyone by that name working at the dealership that Forest River said cancelled the order. The dealer has had to reorder the windshield twice (3 times total). Forest River did the same thing 8 months ago when we had to get our paint-peeling and rusting stabilizer jacks replaced. It took 3 tries for our dealer to get the jacks.

Forest River also approved to replace the shower miser tube over 2 weeks ago, but the dealer has not received it yet. So the dealer knew we were leaving this weekend on a long trip and instead of replacing the shower miser tube, they just put an old cut off of PVC pipe in and it looks terrible. I mean, we could have done that ourselves. I don't even know if it's going to hold up.

What gives????? Does Forest River think if they keep stringing us along that we will finally give up? Why are they treating our dealer so shabbily? I really like our trailer and want to use it, but it's so frustrating when things keep breaking and then we can't get them fixed.

Has anyone else had these problems? Do you know of anyone at Forest River that I could call?

And to those of you that want to tell me that I need to get out my tools and fix everything myself, or I should have caught all the issues during the our initial walk-through, or how you have NEVER had any issues with your trailer and it's the best thing since sliced bread, please don't bother as that is not at all helpful.
I purchased a new 2019 Coachmen Concord 300DS and the front slide track broke. Dealerships in the St Louis area refused to provide me service so I contacted Forest River for service. It took several calls but they had me come up to the factory and my RV was fixed in one afternoon. I’m extremely satisfied with the repair which was done by a Lippert technician. Recommend you contact Forest River for service.
norwoodsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #23

ForestRiver warranty issues

Quote:

I had major issue with front bunk on my brand new 2015 Forestriver Shamrock 21 bd. Forest river refused to do warrant work and yes I talk to dealer and FR , FR told me they were not going to fix it! After talking to someone in there warranty dept. I decided to call back main number and ask for their legal dept address and phone number, the lady ask me why and I told her. She gave me info! After about 20 min or so The person I had been talking to in warranty dept. called me back , he was not happy but they said they would do the work and ask I wanted done, I told them I want the front frame , door and canvas replaced and they did! But I had to threaten to get my attorney involved!
GarFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #24

I feel your pain. We bought a 202 Surveyor and have warranty work that needs to be done. We could not buy local in VA as no dealer sold that model or 100% would not deal with camping world. Bought it out of state. As others have found out, there is not 1 dealer here who will work on my unit because I did not buy from them and we do not have an independent RV tech anywhere in our area.
We had no choice but to get in touch with FR. At first they were not helpful. BUT you HAVE to keep pushing them and they have finally come on board to help. Good luck.
jhudson13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson13 View Post
I feel your pain. We bought a 202 Surveyor and have warranty work that needs to be done. We could not buy local in VA as no dealer sold that model or 100% would not deal with camping world. Bought it out of state. As others have found out, there is not 1 dealer here who will work on my unit because I did not buy from them and we do not have an independent RV tech anywhere in our area.
We had no choice but to get in touch with FR. At first they were not helpful. BUT you HAVE to keep pushing them and they have finally come on board to help. Good luck.
I was just curious about there not being any independent RV techs in your area. You are close to Richmond, and there are several there.
When you have problems, and a dealer won't help, call FR and explain it to them and tell them that you did find a local independent that can do the work. Usually they will authorize for the local to do it, but you have to initiate it. At least that is what worked for our friends and us for warranty work.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:06 AM   #26

well if you found them I would love to know who they are. I have done exhaustive internet searches and yes, some come up but they turn out not to be helpful. One example is hayden's. They are a FR dealer and won't touch my TT.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #27

SURU: Sorry if I took the attention off your question/concern. My point was that yes, contact FR and don't take no for an answer. They will eventually come around.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #28

Forest River Issues 2019 SRF31IKTC

Quote:

We have had numerous issues with our new 2019 Sabre. We have had walls falling down. Screws into the fresh water tank from the original build. We had screws coming through the interior out through the exterior skin. We have had lots of fridge issues. This is my 6th RV and by far the worst. Forest River is a joke to work with. My dealer, MotorSports Land in Utah, is great. They are also frustrated with Forest River also. I have called Forest River many times. I have demanded to speak with someone in management. I finally got to speak with someone. They were no help. I will NEVER purchase another Forest River product!
jforbesut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhudson13 View Post
well if you found them I would love to know who they are. I have done exhaustive internet searches and yes, some come up but they turn out not to be helpful. One example is hayden's. They are a FR dealer and won't touch my TT.
This one strikes me as being worth trying: https://m.facebook.com/pg/campmorell...ernal&mt_nav=0

Here's the Google search that has a few more: https://www.google.com/search?client...iw=672&bih=280
Old 02-25-2020, 10:25 AM   #30

I purchased a new 2019 Sabre SRF31IKTC last June. The dealer has had it as much as I have. We have yet to take a trip without issues. I have had 3 walls that have come apart. The fresh water tank leaked from screws in it from original assembly. Screws coming through the outer panel because screws were too long. Kitchen faucet fell off. Cabinet doors falling off. The list goes on and on. My dealer, MotorSports Land, in Utah is great. Forest River is a joke. This is my 6th RV. If I add up all the issues that I had with my past 5 RVs they will not add up to the issues that I have had with this new RV. I wish that I had done more research. I will NEVER purchase a Forest River product again. Their customer service sucks. They don't care about their customers!!!

2019 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
2019 Sabre SRF31IKTC
jforbesut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:06 PM   #31

I feel your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
THIS IS THE BEST ADVISE ON THIS THREAD Dealers make their money selling, warranty repair is almost always a losing proposition for them so they put it off until goes away.
Our 2017 Wildwood 27RKSS was struck on the front cap bus large snow packed tree branch the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, thank God we had decided to leave and go home because of the heavy snow conditions (wrong vehicle for the conditions.)

During the process of getting it down to the dealership for the repairs, I got distracted by my better half while pulling out of a gas station a of course side-swiped the pole at the end of pump island. It requires one piece of sheet metal for the Slide out and one for the Front Cap. The Dealership an Exclusive FR product Dealer has had my trailer since December 4th, and the parts have been on Backorder since. It's getting irritating because we normally go up to our Ranch share property at least once a month since we purchased our Trailer. I use it to release my stress by doing some horseback riding, Off-roading, archery and gun range time and then time in the spa. All with no telephone interruptions.
bgoldsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoldsby View Post
Our 2017 Wildwood 27RKSS was struck on the front cap bus large snow packed tree branch the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, thank God we had decided to leave and go home because of the heavy snow conditions (wrong vehicle for the conditions.)

During the process of getting it down to the dealership for the repairs, I got distracted by my better half while pulling out of a gas station a of course side-swiped the pole at the end of pump island. It requires one piece of sheet metal for the Slide out and one for the Front Cap. The Dealership an Exclusive FR product Dealer has had my trailer since December 4th, and the parts have been on Backorder since. It's getting irritating because we normally go up to our Ranch share property at least once a month since we purchased our Trailer. I use it to release my stress by doing some horseback riding, Off-roading, archery and gun range time and then time in the spa. All with no telephone interruptions.
Have you contacted FR to verify that the parts are backordered or only going by what the dealer is saying?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Have you contacted FR to verify that the parts are backordered or only going by what the dealer is saying?
Also, I would pick up the unit and use it until the parts get here. Actually, I would start all over with FR and an independent service shop
Old 02-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #34

We also had issues with our FR Cruise Lite after we got it home. Went round & round with the dealer and in the end went to an independent service center. One thing to keep in mind if you ever decide to go that route - get the independent service guy to get the approval from FR before the work is done. Otherwise you may get stuck for some of the bill if FR doesn't agree to cover it (or pay them the price they ask).

One last thing - if you feel you're getting the runaround from FR, try this number for FR Customer Satisfaction. I found this number and after contacting them and telling them my tales of woe, I was called back by the regular FR contact who asked if I'd contacted Customer Satisfaction. I said yes I had and he quickly worked to ensure I was taken care. He even called me back after everything was finished to verify that everything got done to my satisfaction. Worth a shot!
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:24 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Yep, anyone who buys an RV should inspect the dealer service department.
Mine was messy, disorganized and dirty. Staff looked unprofessional. The RV's waiting for service was stacked 6 deep in 5 rows.
Of course I did not discover their incompetence until after I bought.
Live and learn...I will never go back.
Good advice. Just remember that Service Departments cost money to build, staff, and maintain. This adds to the Dealer's cost of doing business and will be reflected in their pricing.

Many people go shopping for their RV's by looking for the lowest price they can find. It's often the Dealer that's doing business on a gravel lot with a portable office building that has the lowest price but his "Service Department" may just be a tin RV storage shelter.

People really do get what they pay for and if service is important, make sure it's included in what you buy. INCLUDED (with proper facilities, etc), not just promised.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #36

Smile I'm getting so frustrated!

Suru I feel your frustration. We have purchased 2 new RV's from 2 different dealers & have the lieing run around from both. I hear & read too many good things about Forest River & truly believe they will take care of you. I think you already realize this after making direct contact w/shower manufacture to get shower part. Be patient you are not the only one trying to get help. Good Luck

2018 Forest River Flagstaff 27BHWS
Old 02-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #37

In total agreement working with reputable dealers on your behalf. Chances are they've seen and repaired many warranty issues. Usually faster too. Key word is reputable , their livelihood depends on customer satisfaction . Yes, they're out there, and better to purchase from such dealer to start.
Freetyme is offline   Reply With Quote