Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #1

I'm really confused..... coachmen 24se dinette table

I have done everything short of cutting the legs of this dinette table with a hacksaw in order to get it down so I can make a bed out of the dinette area. Please somebody help!!!!
Bondo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Is this the table that is held up by two 2.5-3" chrome tubes?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #3

Table

Unfortunately no.... this is a table that stands freely and has a bar with a spring. I would think there would be a pull pin but there really isnt. I'll get a picture in a few minutes and post it. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170516_185821.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	138161  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #4

I have added a picture to this post now
Old 05-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #5

There is a little latch on the front leg. Open the latch and give the tabletop a little tug toward you and it should fold down. Might be a little stiff until you move it a few times to break it in.
BooHyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:24 PM   #6

I did it. Thank u.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:21 PM   #7

Table

Just went through the same thing yesterday. Took about 1/2 hour of looking and pulling to figure it out. I also put a 1 1/2" block between the table and the top of the legs to get the table higher. Much easier to scoot in across the bench seats now. Headed to Cape May, NJ tomorrow to try it out for a weekend.
Cryoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:28 PM   #8

I have the same table and HATE it. In fact, I could not figure out how to collapse the table and it took several people at the RV dealer to figure it out. Turned out there was also something wrong with my table in that it does not collapse easily. It has supposedly been "fixed" but I'm not so sure. I have to flip the table onto its top on the floor, without smashing my toes/feet or banging my shins (that thing is heavy), stand on the bottom/underside of the table, release the latch and then rock the whole support mechanism in order to collapse the table. Ridiculous. I met someone else with a table like mine in a rPod and that woman's table collapsed at the flip of the lever. Wish mine did. My situation got enough out of control that I leave the table collapsed all the time for weekend trips and will only raise it up if we are going on a longer trip. Otherwise, I sit and put my legs on it to eat. Great use of a dinette table, right? Not.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittlecat View Post
I have the same table and HATE it. In fact, I could not figure out how to collapse the table and it took several people at the RV dealer to figure it out. Turned out there was also something wrong with my table in that it does not collapse easily. It has supposedly been "fixed" but I'm not so sure. I have to flip the table onto its top on the floor, without smashing my toes/feet or banging my shins (that thing is heavy), stand on the bottom/underside of the table, release the latch and then rock the whole support mechanism in order to collapse the table. Ridiculous. I met someone else with a table like mine in a rPod and that woman's table collapsed at the flip of the lever. Wish mine did. My situation got enough out of control that I leave the table collapsed all the time for weekend trips and will only raise it up if we are going on a longer trip. Otherwise, I sit and put my legs on it to eat. Great use of a dinette table, right? Not.
SAME HERE EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID - my DH thought I was nuts when he saw me put the table upside down in order to put it down. He took a pool noodle, cut it in half, howled it out, and we now slide one on the front and one on the back for traveling - so we now never put it down. Unless grandson stays with us and we have to make a bed!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #10

Quote(I have the same table and HATE it.)

I have the same table and love it! Of all the tables we've had in RV's, this is by far the easiest to use. My last RV was a Rockcwood A213; I had to turn the dinette table on its side, struggle to get the &*%$ brace down, then bend the legs in over each toward the center. I hated that table. What a relief to get the handy one we have now. It took a couple of times to learn how it worked, but now my wife can almost do it with one hand.

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita View Post
SAME HERE EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAID - my DH thought I was nuts when he saw me put the table upside down in order to put it down. He took a pool noodle, cut it in half, howled it out, and we now slide one on the front and one on the back for traveling - so we now never put it down. Unless grandson stays with us and we have to make a bed!
So tell me a little more of how you use the pool noodle. Do you put it along the side that helps keep the table from going through your dining window? That is a huge concern for me. Pool noodle might do the trick.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdot View Post
Quote(I have the same table and HATE it.)

I have the same table and love it! Of all the tables we've had in RV's, this is by far the easiest to use. My last RV was a Rockcwood A213; I had to turn the dinette table on its side, struggle to get the &*%$ brace down, then bend the legs in over each toward the center. I hated that table. What a relief to get the handy one we have now. It took a couple of times to learn how it worked, but now my wife can almost do it with one hand.

Kdot
I envy you the ease of use that you experience with your table. Sounds like the lady I met last year. I just stared at how she popped the table down with one hand! What? I wish.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #13

Quote:
So tell me a little more of how you use the pool noodle. Do you put it along the side that helps keep the table from going through your dining window? That is a huge concern for me. Pool noodle might do the trick.
We put the noodle along the back side of the table - and the other 1/2 of the noodle on the front end of the table. That is because we don't want to put it down when we put the slides in, the slide almost touches the table. I have been reading the posts from people who say it is so easy, putting it down one time I snapped the spring - still under warranty so the Dealer fixed it for free. I guess you & I just got a table that was a pretty tough one
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #14

I bought a pool noodle today when I was out. It is already hollow in the middle. I'm going to cut it and use it on my table as well. I'm very concerned about the table "walking around" during transit. I have a large window that one end of the table could go through, which is why I have not left the table up before. But your suggestion is worth trying. I'd rather have the table up than down, but getting it up/down is such a pain. I was highly suspicious when the table was non-functional at the time I purchased my TT new. The dealer had to order parts for the table but I am still not sold that the table works right. Happy camping and thanks for the tip!
Old 05-19-2017, 08:17 PM   #15

I have that table in my 251rks. We have strap that is located in storage along wall. Strap loops around center of table. Legs are against storage area. Table does not move at all.
If you need pictures I could take tomorrow.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #16

I would feel better if my table had some kind of strap but it is free to do whatever it wants when the TT is in transit. That's why I keep it dropped down. Please attach a pic if you can. I might be able to have my friend do a mod to my TT to add a strap. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #17

Quote:
I would feel better if my table had some kind of strap but it is free to do whatever it wants when the TT is in transit. That's why I keep it dropped down. Please attach a pic if you can. I might be able to have my friend do a mod to my TT to add a strap. Thanks!
Here is a picture. Looks a little loose because I pulled cushion out.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170521_103115.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	138611
I hope it helps you. Surveyor had set it up that way. Not something I did.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #18

Thanks, great place to start!
Old 05-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #19

The welds on my table broke. See here. Fairly easy fix, if yours should do the same.

Post #1 is pics of the broken parts; post #5 is pics of my fix.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...re-107776.html

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #20

I'm with all the haters on this table. I had an 05 forest river for 13 yrs, with the old school 2 post table, easy to get in and out of without hitting knees on brackets etc, and easy to make the bed and never had an issue. I now have a 2017 flagstaff, and it is the only thing I hate. Pain in the a** to take up and down. Thinking of taking it apart and mounting the old style to it.
luvdesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, fuse